extremely painful smears and possible infection

Posted , 2 users are following.

i know i have some kind of infection, but due to not being able to ever complete the smear i dont know for sure. every time i try it is so painful i start crying, some times i start screaming from how uncomfortable it is. this last time i went the dr prescribed me a medication for a yeast infection which did not work. i am experiencing lower abdomen pain, body aches, headaches, itchiness, and white/light yellow mucus-like discharge that has some pink spots in it (only at night). there is no fever, "fishy" smell, or any other color of discharge. because of the medications i am currently on it is difficult for me to do any "daily" tasks such as shower, brush my teeth, get out of bed, etc. without the help of someone else, so my hygiene is currently at its worst. is there any way i can somehow at least fix the pap smear issue? any advice or recommendations on how to get through it would be helpful

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hello, I am a cervical cancer survivor patient of 18+ years. I can relate to exactly what you are going through. My first advice would be to consult an ob/gyn oncologist who will do a full exam to determine if you have an abnormal pap smear with the possibility of cancerous cells and hpv+ testing.

Once confirmed. If positive, have a biopsy done secondly to confirm. If cells are cancerous, find out what options you want to take. I personally had surgery and a very small amounts of chemo. Dealing with cervical cancer can become extremely painful and very discomforting. While going through the process of confirming your diagnosis, you will need help with pain meds and nausea. I also used a heating pad, pickles and it juice to assist with the pain and nausea. If it is affecting your day to day activities, take it very easy and very slow. If not you can aggravate your body and make a bad situation much worse. Always remember you are in control of your life... Life is what you make it and you can still enjoy life while dealing with a health issue.

God bless.

• Posted

There is no way this situation merits a visit to an oncologist of any kind.   If there is an oncologist that would see a patient without a referral after findings - -well, it just wouldn't happen, and it shouldn't.  Cervical cells can be examined directly, with use of a microscope, right then, at the time of the exam at an office with a physician equipped to do so.  I am uncomfortable with your assumption that the poster has cancer.  There is nothing in the poster's statement that remotely suggests it.  Please be careful not to take readers down your own path - which I am sorry you experienced.

• Posted

If you are following replies:  What medications are you taking that interfere with your "daily tasks?" 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.