Extremely scared about Pancreatic or Liver cancer

Posted , 6 users are following.

Regards to Everyone there,

I am 20 years old from India. In the past 3 months i have convinced myself from stomach cancer to now Pancreatic or Liver Cancer. My first problem was loss of appetite from October previous year. It has continued fairly. Also heartburn and burning stomach pain also occurs every 2-3 days. Sometimes pain occurs when walking after eating on the extreme left side. GP did an Upper GI Endoscopy , Liver Function test , CBC with ESR test previous month. All tests were fine. He suggested it's gastritis and prescribed pantoprazole. He doesn't seem concerned. My symptoms are just coming and going. Don't aggravate and return with the same intensity and then go away. Appetite has become better than before. Abdominal pain also occurs once in some days. Now from yesterday evening i have upper and slight above middle back pain. Although this type of pain has also occured in the past also when i played cricket. But this time the pain occured without any reason. Although i do feel that any such issue can't come out of the blue! but any kind of new issue makes me extremely panicked. Any one who has these kind of issues, any suggestions?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

If your doctor isn't concerned, you shouldn't worry; gastritis is a possibility. I'm surprised the endoscopy didn't show it,

• Posted

Hi from the UK. It sounds as thou your GP has conducted the appropriate tests.

I would suggest staying well away from Dr Google! Its amazing that we all type in a symptom (which could be literally anything at all), and somewhere in the results pages it will suggest cancer of some sort! What compounds the issue is that you then read other symptoms and your mind will then convince you that you have those as well.

Try and relax a little, take a breath and put trust in your doctor.

Best of luck to you

• Posted

Hi anxiokid

Correct me if i'm wrong but living in india you would be on a rather spicey diet!?.. Try keeping a food diary to check if certain foods cause your symptoms. Also, you don't mention if you have had an ultra sound scan, perhaps it would be a good idea to be referred for one to check gall bladder and pancreas...

• Posted

Yes Mary I am again going to the gastroenterologist who did my Endoscopy. Maybe he can help me better. Just hope everything goes well. Thanking you all for the help and support you give.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.