Extremely Sensitive Question to Ask.....

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hi all,

I am considering asking a question on this forum that may be considered 'too far' or wrong. I don't want to get into trouble or upset anyone as I find this group really helpful. But I wanted to ask first if you feel I should ask my question to you all in the hope of no judgement, or if you feel I should keep it to myself?

0 likes, 23 replies

23 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi i hope your ok and im sorry that your parents marriage broke down, it must be a hard time for you but taking drugs hisnt the answer

I get you just want the energy to get through the day but each time you take drugs for this you will need to increase the dosage to get the same affect

Its a no win way out and you say you suffer from depression the drugs will only make your symptons worse in the long run.

Have you tried councilling to help with what your going through

We all would like more energy but drugs are not the answer hun, if you want to talk you can talk to me anytime and i know its hard and a struggle i have had my share of upset and heartbreak and now i have cfs. 

Take care x

• Posted

I don't want to say too much as I don't want to come across judgemental. But what I will say is if your body is already struggling this short term fix to help you through is more than liking going to complicate things and make it harder for you in the long run. Look after yourself, as your GP for a counsellor, find someone you trust and feel comfortable sharing with. nearly everyone on here is very understanding and wanting to share and learn from each other so I'm glad you opened up - good luck and look after yourself... One day at a time! smile
  • Posted

Firstly,  respect to you for having the courage to share.  I haven't said much in this because it is outside my knowledge parameters.

But i agree with the comment from Lizzliss.  If your body is already struggling, to give it more to cope with just causes more problems. I have found that "poisons" like alcohol and refined sugar, which the body used to cope with are a drain on the energy supply, so I would imagine that any substance which upsets the chemistry or forces the body to work outside its limits would also be detrimental. I have let adrenalin fuel my activity at times, which is great at the time but then it's payback time.  

No judgement here,  just a wish for you to look after yourself and your body.

I fully understand the frustration of not being able to do or keep up.  I was with a group of people on Saturday who had all got together to undertake a manual task of clearing wood.  This is right up my street as I love outside work like this,  so though frustrated,  for once I was sensible and realised that I could not participate with what everyone else was doing.  I had to be content with making them cups of tea, but with thankfullnes that I could still be part of the social gathering .  I could have possibly done some work with them but then would not have been able to do anything at all for a week or so.

As Lizzliss said.  "one day at a time" and be mindful of things that you can enjoy, 

• Posted

Wow, I wasn't expecting this level of support. I thought I would get chucked out! Thank you very much for all your responses. I know it's definitely not the answer and it's just making me worse, so I have taken the decision not to do that anymore. I think my depression is just starting to really take hold of me again recently (I had got it 'sorted' for a year or so, but I am recognising all the symptoms again). I do have a counsellor, she helped me through my depression first time around and I am seeing her again now for dealing with this fatigue, but I haven't yet mentioned the drugs or feeling like I'm slipping back into depression. I think I have been trying to pretend it's not happening.

I just feel quite alone right now, despite having the most incredible husband in the world.

Thank you for not judging and thank you for your comments.

• Posted

We are always here for you if you ever need advice or support xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.