Extremely tormented and really struggling.

Posted , 7 users are following.

I'm really struggling right now my anxiety is really bad and I'm so depressed its unbareible each minute is a nightmare the only time I know I will get any pace is when I go to sleep its the only time I can get away from my torment but then I start thinking about the morning and how I'll have to go through another day of hell I don't know how much more I can take don't get me wrong I'm not saying I'll do harm to my self I don't have the neck to do anything like that unfortunately I wish I had is there anyone like my self that actually look forward to nighttime because its the only time I can relax even just a little bit ??? 😖😖😖😖😖

1 like, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Hello I just had to write to you. I too have these kind of feelings. I try to tell myself that tomorrow is another day and I may wake up feeling ok.

I do not wish to preach but for myself I find just saying a quick prayer asking for strength to see me through this ordeal helps.

​I am not a religious maniac by the way.

Breathing exercises also help. Just a few deep breaths hold in for about three seconds and then breathe out. APPARENTy it changes the rhythyms in your brain to ones that cause relaxation. Think they are called alpha rhythyms but unsure.

Take care. x

• Posted

Well you wouldn't won't to be in a real bad way looking for someone to talk with on this site that's for sure 😟😔😖

• Posted

I am sorry that you are  feeling so low. It is truly horrible. I know how overwhelming all this can be , honestly. Are you pres ribed any medication to lp the depression.

If not please hang on in there and please make an appointment to see your dr or even ring for an ambulance so that you can receive medical help asap. In the meantime we are here to try to help you by sharing our experiences.

It is hard but you sound strong . Please hang on in there.

• Posted

I know exactly how you feel I can't wait till night time in there when I go to sleep I usually days off for about an hour or two wake up pick up my friend from work come back go to sleep and that 5/6 hours later I have heart palpitations which I was diagnosed with 9 years ago and tachycardia the medicine that I was on stopped working so the heart palpitations is causing anxiety they raise the dose of my medicine it's gives me more shortness of breath or it's making my anxiety worse and I just feel that way I just started getting real bad in the middle of the day that usually eases off at night but lately it hasn't until I fall asleep I think I'm going to have to get another medication which I already tried that once and it didn't work so I can get rid of my heart palpitations anxiety will go away but you're not alone I know how you feel I feel like you can't breathe all day long are you got tightness in your throat your head and it feels like it's hard to breathe I tried to go into a panic I can usually stop it

• Posted

Sounds just like me but did not wish to say so. Which beta blocker do you take btw?

I take cardicor.

Thanks.

• Posted

I've been taking metoprolol for 9 years 50 milligrams twice a day that's stopped working so I raised it to 75 milligrams but then changed it to Atenolol but the side effects of too much so I'm back to the metoprolol 75 milligrams trying to give it time to kick in I know it's just anxiety making me shortness of breath but I always think it's the medicine but I'll take it for 2 more days and if it doesn't take my palpitations away then I gotta call him to change my medicine I thought if this ever happen again just raising my medicine would work but it's not that simple

• Posted

Good idea to discuss all this with your dr who knows all your medical history.

Let us know how you do.

• Posted

Well the beta blocker was prescribed for a heart condition but it is causing peripheral neuropathy which is driving me nuts.

I am going to get my dr to change it.

If you want my e mail address let me know. I may leave this forum that is why I suggested it. If you do not want it that is okay, no pressure.

• Posted

Sorry you asked about my anxieety. ell it is now manageable but when stressful events arise I feel unable to cope. I usually repeat the following mantra 'I am going to be alright'. I usually feel a bit more able to cope after that. I find moving around helps as it stimulates the production of endorphins which arethe bodys natural painkillers and anti depressants.

?Let us know how you do.

• Posted

Yep I am in the same situation as yours sleeping is something that I look forward throughout the day but it is gotten better since I started with the some medicines. I also kinda having trouble with my short term memory or any kind of memery to be honest it started as my mood become bad about a year ago after my second panic attack in my life(drug induced). Chillout man it can always get better as it can always get worse,see a psychologist or something and don't over analyse your condition! 

Good Luck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.