extremly many cracks on my glans, what should i do?

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hello, I've been having some problems for a really long time. The surface of my glans looks really weird. It has some really deep cracks and is always a little red as well. I always have an uncomfortable feeling down there, but it doesn't really hurt. It's been like this down there for as long as I can remember. I've already been to a urologist who checked everything, but he couldn't help me. It can't be an infectious infection, because I hadn't had sex yet. I'm really in a panic and don't know what to do next. Can anyone recommend me an ointment or something similar?!

1 like, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Edited

I think it's normal, I've had the same for a long time now

• Posted

Okay, thx for your answer. Did you do anything to make it go away or did it go away on its own?

• Edited

Mine looks the same, so what is the strange feeling you want to get rid off?

• Edited

Part of the glans feels very sore, is red and the cracks in the glans lead to this feeling in my opinion. I also feel like I have a slight phimosis again because the skin feels very tightened.

Hope these pictures show it a little better.

• Posted

does it get worse with an erection? i have a very similar problem.

• Posted

yes it does..during an erection the cracks enlarge and it really doesn't look good...

• Posted

My situation is very similar, do u have dryness too?

• Posted

yes, on and off.

how long do you have this problem?

• Posted

I'm in this situation since more than 2 years, but slowly seems that the skin want to recover.

I've been to 12 doctors (GP, urologist, andrologist, dermatologist) with few to zero diagnosis.

I've been tested for everything, I got staphylococcus and enterococcus on penile skin, and my gf got ureaplasma. I used:

Antibiotics (Ciproxin, Zitromax and Bassado)

Antibiotics cream

Antifungal oral (Diflucan)

Antifungal cream

Steroid creams

Emollient creams

Nothing worked and steroid cream made everything worse.

My skin seems to recover by itself during a lot of months and because of stress I got some very very mild Hard Flaccid, but dont know if it could be directly related to my situation.

Hope it was only a trauma balanitis that is almost healed, how the most of doctors said.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.