eye aches noticeable when web browsing

Posted , 3 users are following.

I woke up one day with this issue that is noticeable especially when scrolling a website and scrolling abrubtly stops but my eyes expect the scrolling to continue then it aches. It also aches when trying to track fast moving objects, like scrolling up and down quickly. Does anyone else have this issue and know what is the reason? I also have tired dry eyes and the day I woke up with it had a bit of dizzyness which is gone now. 

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi James,

I have said this a few times now to patients that look at the internet alot or various forms of computers in general such as ipads, phones etc.

We as humans are not programmed to stare for long periods of time. Those of us that do are renowned for having sight problems. I had brilliant eyesight at 45 yrs old until I started using a computer regularly as in many times per day.

I now also have dry eye which streams most days.

Dry eye is sore at times and aches and stings.

There is a lot to be said for taking many breaks and focussing your vision on things at different distances often.

It is difficult for people who have to rely on computors for their work but if it is just recreational then cut it back.

Regards Kate

• Posted

Well said.  I do not htink any of us have the least idea of the amount of damage that can be done, by spending so much time on a computer, or even watching TV.  I am particularly worried about children who spend so much time on their computers or mobile phones.   

I have Blepharitis and dry eye, and I do have to spend time n the laptop, but am trying to cut back for this very reason.

• Posted

I have blepharitis and dry eye so I am told by doctors both at surgery and hospital a while ago.

However as time has gone by it becomes not just the symptomns mentioned but nasal watering / congestion in the nose / sneezing and general agitation in these specific areas.

As sometimes it aggravates the chest not with breathing - just a bit raw, Also for a short time I have started to take antihistamine tablets which definately help but do not remove the problem completely. I got eye problems as in watering a few years back but nothing more. Yet in recent years these other symptoms have got hold to a degree.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.