Eye allergies, help please this is getting troublesome

Posted , 5 users are following.

I'm 20 years old, male my name is Diogo.

Symptoms :

Constant Rheum

Smelly Rheum

Itchy Eyes/red eyes

Watery eyes (but dry after taking the eyedrops)

Resume :

From a year ago until now I started having eye allergies, at the sun and everything really, everything caused me to rub my eyes, I can not stop rubbing my eyes for more than 5 minutes. It even burns the skin. It's getting really tiresome for me and getting very depressive and annoying. My doctors are not paying me attention about this subject at all they just said to take Oculotect(eye drops) and I did but they are still the same.

What can I do to stop this please? Cojunctivities do not last so long.

Please If you know anything that could help me, please do.

God bless you.

0 likes, 4 replies

Report / Delete

4 Replies

  • Posted

    Hello Diogo, I wonder whether the Oculotect is exacerbating the situation.  I see that it is no longer available in the UK.  Perhaps it caused more problems than it solved.

    Could you try a different ocular lubricant?  My Ophthalmologist recently changed my prescription to Hyabak drops - preservative free drops - for daytime and VitA-POS gel for night time, this is also preservative free.

    Your problems sound like an allergy to something and sometimes, just changing the product that you wash your bedclothes in, can cause this.


    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

    I agree with Mrs Mop. I am sure your problem is dry eye. but the drops you are using, you are allergic too. I had exactly the same situation. I am allergic to nearly every eye drop I have ever been give. The eye specialist now prescribes me 'HYLO FORTE'. there is a weaker 'hylo', but they are both preservative free, and it does sound similar to mrsmops brand.
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

    Do enquiere be refered to  the proper specialist and ask to be tested for allergies. If gp does not agree then Change GP as simple (or complicated) as that. Just then you will have an idea what are you fighting with. Allergy specialist are available in the UK through private but are expensive. However, some of their threatmenst may be prescribed later on by your GP.
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

    I have trouble with my eyes. An optician told me I have dry eyes. Sometimes they sting, and they go blurry. I use the herb Eye Bright as a tea and my eyes are so much better. When they occassionally sting I bathe them with Witch Hazel water on cotton wool.
    Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up