Eye blindness caused by a heavy object hitting the head, does it affect the vision of the second eye

Posted , 2 users are following.

I became blind in one eye due to a heavy object hitting my head in my childhood.

However 15 years have passed since this accident and my second eye is completely healthy with a good vision.

I am wondering in long term if it is possible that my second eye become blind?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Edited

In long term I would say its highly unlikely.

As you now have sight in only one eye, do take care and have regular eye checks at least every 2 years so that if anything should start to go wrong for any other reasons it will be picked up early and dealt with.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.