Eye bobble post surgery

Posted , 8 users are following.

I’m 2 weeks post op and today , looking at me, my daughter asked, Which eye did you get done? She could see movement in the pupil of that eye. When I moved my eye there was a bobble inside. I just saw the dr today before this for a post op appt. 

Has anyone else noticed this? 

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Hi, can you further describe what you mean by "bobble"?  Thanks.

• Posted

She said it moved. And that it almost looked like something on or in my eye.

• Posted

I thought this might be what she saw but it said it disappears within 24 hours. 

"...introducing a small air bubble in the anterior chamber, at the end of sutureless cataract surgery, can prevent inflow of ocular surface fluid."

• Posted

Were you facing a light when she saw it in your eye? When light shines in my eyes it looks like something jiggling in them but in reality it is the light reflecting off my lenses. Sometimes people stare at me like I'm an alien.

• Posted

I don’t think so. We were in a library. 

Are you saying the light reflects differently off the IOL than a natural lens? 

• Posted

What you are describing is noticeable on my MIL who has monofocals but not my husband and sister- in- law with multifocals.
  • Posted

What are you referring to when you say bobble post surgery?

• Posted

Maybe I misunderstood her and she really said bubble. But I thought she said bobble-like a bobble-head doll you see in cars that moves back and forth.
  • Posted

I guess find out if you have a bubble or a bobble. My iris "jiggles" slightly when I'm doing something like reading close text. This tends to happen the most when I first wake up. If I look in a mirror with lighting aimed towards my eye and get it "right" I will see the IOL reflect light and it looks to be moving after my eye eye stops. There are some videos online of some people whose IOL really seem to move and I first though I had that going on but as I've watched it in the mirror more closely it's more like a twitch in the entire iris so I think that the IOL is probably fine.

If this IS what you have it should bother you less over time. If it's a bubble, then ignore this post.  

• Posted

Must be some sort of reflection.  Can’t see how IOL could possibly move.  After 6 weeks it adheres to the tissue.   if it was moving wouldn’t there be corresponding visual issues?
    • Posted

If it's a reflection that appears to be a jiggle, then you don't feel it? You just see it? 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.