Eye Brow Wax Burn. PLEASE HELP!

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi everybody! I really need help, my sister has been using the Obagi skin care for acne/spots prone skin for 6/7 weeks. We are attending a family wedding tomorrow & today have been for our beauty treatments. She’s had an eyebrow wax because no one told us waxing was not allowed while use this skin treatment. The wax has ripped the skin from above her brow &  in between her brows. Please could some one help will she be ok tomorrow for the family wedding? We’ve been using ice packs alday & taking regular paracetamol. Please can someone give advice! 

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

What a bummer.  Good luck to your sister tomorrow, but my advise is shoulders back, chin up and SMILE.  No one notices my wrinkled splochy 70+ y/o skin when I give them a great big smile.  This is a family wedding and everyone wants your sister there.  Period!  This day is for the beautiful bride and handsome groom and for all to be happy for them.   
    • Posted

She’s just in a lot of pain, the skin is still raw, hot to touch & very sore. sad

• Posted

I am not familiar with paracetamol.  Something to relieve pain I would guess.  Each day should be better with healing taking place.  Be careful to avoid any infection.  Enjoy the wedding.  
    • Posted

Thank you for your reply. It is getting better day by day, her nurse from the skin clinic got back to us & recommended a cream called Acriflex as this as happened to her clients before as a lot of young girls wax. The cream has helped a lot, she's is no longer in pain thank god! It is no longer raw, seems to have dried up a lot and we made it to the wedding. 😄

• Posted

Hi Elisha, what happened to your sister must be quite upsetting for you as well as her. Is there a doctor she can see in a hurry or a walk in clinic?

It probably is not a good idea to put makeup on the affected area.

I hope her injury gets better in time for the wedding. What a nice sister you are to search for something that may help!

I hope you both have a good time at the wedding!

• Posted

Thank you for your reply, it was very upsetting but she is feeling a lot better now. Thank god! The nurse who proscribed the Obagi skincare got back to us and said it has happened before as a lot of young girls wax and she recommended a cream called Acriflex. The cream has helped a lot with the pain. It has dried up a lot and is no longer raw. I'm glad she is no longer in pain & we made it to the wedding. 😀

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.