eye/ cheek discomfort soreness

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello, for the past week I have had discomfort and soreness around my right eye socket, along the cheekbone, above eyelid etc. Some of the time it feels like I have something in my eye, as if someone is touching my eye, the side of my head is also slightly sore and I get intermittent dole pain on the top of my head which comes and goes, on the right hand side again. eye-test came back ok apart from dry eyes, went to hospital and had temperal arthritis check which was clear, was told optic nerve/artery were fine to.

some other symptoms are touching sensation, soreness and mild pain along cheekbone, also eyelid when stretched gets slightly stuck (if that makes sense), no discharge or obvious distress when looking at the eye, its all a bit of a mystery

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Maybe you have a virus since you have only had these symptoms for a week. Has your doctor suggested this? My boyfriend had very sore eyes and his eye test came back fine too. He was diagnosed with a viral infection.

• Posted

Have you recently had shingles which can cause facial neuralgia? It is known as trigemmial neuralgia. Your best option is to go back to your doctor who will be able to give you a definitive diagnosis as to whether it is nerve pain or not.

• Posted

thanks Pippa, doctor is not sure but did mention neuralgia so she's going to give me medication for this

• Posted

Hope it works. I have neuralgia in both arms and hands and sometimes my foot. I am in Italy just now and the hot weather gets rid of it. It's the only thing that helps. I was offered medication too, but when I researched the side effects, I decided against them.One of the problems that put me off them was the problem of withdrawal and possible addiction.

• Posted

I'm more worried about weakening my immune system as I haven't had a confirmed diagnosis. So I may be taking pills I know longer need.

I'm leaning towards food allergies possibly as as soon as I ate today and I walked outside the symptoms were there

• Posted

Try a food diary and monitor whether hot or cold weather worsens your symptoms when you go outside. This can happen with neuralgia. Keep going back to your doctor for a confirmed diagnosis. My neuralgia was diagnosed within minutes without any nerve conduction tests.

• Posted

I think because Im not getting any other pain from chewing, jaw pain etc its difficult to diagnose

• Posted

Your doctor will be able to diagnose you with tests which help them figure out the cause when they don't know the answer. Simply tell your doctor your symptoms; that way you will put your mind at rest. Trying to work out your condition via guesswork, will not give you accurate results and will cause you needless anxiety.

• Posted

I can assure you that I am not relying on guesswork but a 100% diagnosis is not always easy as other symptoms etc need to be investigated first & different causes need to be ruled out. My doctor has given me medication based on her medical training and qualifications, so being the professional in this field I go along with her decision

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.