Eye damage from using a grinder without a mask

Posted , 2 users are following.

My father has been going through a really tough time with his eyes and exposure to sunlight, we have tried many eye drops, have seen many doctors for the problem but it doesn't seem to fully go away. He has a non stop blinking problem because his eyes are producing less tear drops than the average person. I would like to find out if there is any other way to fix this problem permanently.

2 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I remember one time my grandmother had a blocked tear duct that they operated on,I have no idea if 2 eyes can have this sort of problem at the same time. Just a thought.
  • Posted

Does he clean his eyes every day?
    • Posted

Yes he does, but it has nothing to do with that I think it seems to be permanently damaged he is sensitive to light he doesn't have any scratches in his cornea, we've seen many doctors..
    • Posted

Yes I have blepharitis and am light sensitive.

i would say back to the doctors for your dad till they find what the problem is?

• Posted

You might try having his eyes thoroughly examined for any debris that could

still be in there. I suggest this, as I suddenly started with  great pain under my

upper lid, and streaming constant tears ,so I went to the eye clinic 4 times , and 

was,assessed with a number  of reasons as to what was causing it,and sent home with various eye drops ,all of which caused  stinging and burning  due to 

a reaction I had to the preservatives. I also saw a consultant who gave my eye

a cursory look,and said it was yet another reason.He prescribed different eye

drops that I spent 4 days trying to find,,, only to find that the product had been

taken out of use 

I returned to the clinic for the fourth time ,as the pain was unbearable, and, had

literally reduced me to tears .Yet another technician ,looked and then said, 

there is a foreign body in there, which she duly removed, and showed me 

Since the removal of said ""Body " the eye has started to recover .but after 

six weeks of my eye being continuously  scraped  24/7 by this debris it is taking 

time .I did ask the  ""finder  " why no one else had spotted it ,and she said ,

probably because it was sitting on top of a scar

There you are then, be advised, and go to the clinic again

If you do need something to help dry eye I found  (at last ) that Optrex dry eye

is good.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.