Eye flashes long after Vitrectomy

Posted , 2 users are following.

Dear community,

I really would like to hear your opinion about my case.

So, i was born with a very heavy short-sight. So heavy that i got a retina detachment on both eyes with 11 monts of age. So i got a vitrectomy on both eyes. Phew.

I got MANY more surgerys after that. I got basically everything until now. But only once did the retina had to be fixed. However - it was heavily damaged in both eyes - i dont have a lot of sight left. (~20%) After the surgery i saw a lot of flashes bursting through the eyes. After years it became less and less. Now - after 19 years they are still there. They appear only sometimes and i dont really see why. When i move the eyes rapidly they actually do not appear which seems interresting. But after 19 years? Is that even possible? I have seen a lot of articles in the internet that state the flashes dissapear after 1-6 monts.

Could it be, because my retina is so heavily damaged? (When i got the surgery, it was almost completely detached, so it is actually insane that i can still see so much)

Here some info:

*Last retina-based surgery: 19 years ago

*Flashes seem to appear randomly (~0-5 times a day)

*There were no surgerys or problems in general since 7 years

*The doctor checks every 6 monts and didnt find anything odd since this time.

*I have to take eyedrops because of a little bit too high eye pressure

*At this time there are NO odds different from the last 7 years. I just want to ask because i'm worried.

And one more thing. On my retina there are LOTS of lasered spots everywhere, to connect it.

Can these spots get loose? Can it happen ever again on spots that were lasered? After all it is almost 20 years.

I know its a lot of text. Really hope you can give me your opinion or if you can tell me professional answers to my questions.

Greetings!

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.