Eye floaters

Posted , 4 users are following.

Eye floaters are very common, I've had them for many years.I find though in stressful times they really become more apparent, a real distraction! Is anyone else bothered by these?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hello, yes I have had these for a couple of years too! I seem to notice them more during a panic attack as I find that hyperventilation makes my vision slightly blurry and I can't focus on much. Also, when I feel panicky/anxious, I tend to stare/become a bit vacant, and usually I'm staring at a plain white wall, so this makes my floaters much more obvious. 
    • Posted

Indeed anything bright does make them more obvious, many people have them,but I think being anxious and hyper aware all the time makes us notice them, and once we notice them they become difficult to ignore
  • Posted

Yeah I get them too. I've had one last for about a month that still comes back sometimes when I'm stressed or for some reason if I've eaten too much chocolate.
  • Posted

can be painless migraine (so my optician says). nothing to be overly concerned about, but ask optician to satisfy yourself.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.