EYE FLOATERS

Posted , 4 users are following.

Me again. sad

I know they say there are no vitamins or anything you can do to help decrease floaters/flashes, but has anyone had any luck with anything? Medicines, workouts, etc.

Please help! Your responses are greatly appreciated and make me feel SLIGHTLY better knowing I'm not alone.

0 likes, 23 replies

23 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi,personally,no,but ive read sometimes dehydration can make them more noticeable..
    • Posted

I'll try drinking more water.. thanks so much

• Posted

You arent alone..thousands,probably millions have them. Xx
  • Posted

You should not want to take some drug for something that is normal. Everyone had floaters. However I'm going to ask you some questions to see if you have dry eye syndrome. I really don't think it's a symptom of dry eyes but I have noticed that when my eyes are very dry I get more floaters. So here goes.

1. Do your eyes water a lot?

2. Do your eyes feel like there something in them line a grain of sand. Or do they ever feel grainy?

3. Are your eyes sensitive to light?

4. Are your eyes crusty in the morning?

5. Do you wear glass?

• Posted

Yup,all the above,i have dry eye,i think hes young and probably just has floaters and maybe some migrain aura.
    • Posted

I'm afraid I don't understand your comment? Who are you? Are you some how related to a rich? And what is this about someone who has migraine aura?

• Posted

Im commenting on a forum,no im not rich,i do have dry eye.
    • Posted

The aura part is from my idea of what might be going on,he posted another topic on the forum.
  • Posted

Well I want to know if arich5 has the symptoms I listed for dry eyes. And if so, which ones? And please be specific about your symptoms.And I only want to hear from arich5.
    • Posted

yes yo eyes being crusty in the mornings and SOMETIMES grainy but not super often, and I have super super super sensitivity to light.

I don't wear glasses, I have 20/20

but I've been noticing really small distorted vision lately, could that be a dry eye symptom too?

• Posted

Dry eye can definitely cause blurred vision,filmy vision,watery vision. I have it often as the tear film isnt stable or its off because if the ratio of water to oil in the film.
    • Posted

Okay the crusty eye thing and the wearing of the glasses were red herrings that I put in the list. They are not symptoms of dry eye. So I don't know where your crusty eye is coming from. So you'll probably want to get that checked out by an eye doctor. Depending on how long that's been going on that could be from pink eye. In fact all the symptoms you mentioned could be from pink eye. However you could have the beginnings of dry eye but it doesn't sound like it's very bad yet. It could easily be treated with lubricating drops from the store. And just to warn you they are not cheap. I think I paid $15 for a small bottle.

• Posted

I dont agree with the comment about dry eye and crusting,dry eye can have crusting which shows up along the edge of the lids. It is caused by problems with the meibomian glands,its called mgd. You can google it,if it is disfunction of the glands,drops alone wont do much for it as its a problem with the oil portion of the tears not the water. It is one of the main causes of dry eye. If you go on the Blepharitus forum,you will find many people talking about it. Xx
    • Posted

so do you think I can/should put dry eye drops in and see if it helps? and if not eye drops, how do doctors normally treat it

thank you

• Posted

Well,usually warm compresses,although some get irritation from them,careful cleaning of lids,non preservative eye drops,not visine etc preservatives can irritate the eye. All this can be found on the net. First thing is to determine the caus of the dry eye,different things work best for different people. Go to an optomotrist or opthmologist,make sure they check the rims of your eyes,specfically ask to have them look for mgd as many dont. If it is mgd things such as antibiotics etc can also help.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.