Eye floaters

Posted , 5 users are following.

So I have had an eye floater for a few weeks and got it checked out 2 days ago, but still worried about my flashing I see and the slight discomfort. I don’t know why I am still worrying when I have been told it’s okay. 

My flashes are either white or blue glittery type if I stare at a blank background. 

I do have some kind of anxiety, that’s why I am still probably worried. 

Has anyone been told this and still got the flashes and floaters? 

Thank you

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

When I read the first two lines my initial thought was PVD (posterior vitreous detachment). But reading the rest I am not so sure. Have the doctors put a name to the symptoms you are presenting? See what other replies you get, but my inclination would be to go back and get more answers.
    • Posted

My option just said it was normal checked the back of my eyes and dilated my pupils thinking something was wrong with my retina but he said everything looks normal. So wasn’t too sure 
    • Posted

Flashes and floaters are the 2 most common symptoms of a PVD, so I would ask your doctor if you have this. In the vast majority of PVDs there is no damage to the retina.
  • Posted

Same thing is happening with me also. I keep seeing star like spots for some reason. Doctor dilated my pupils and told me my retina is fine, I'm still confused though. Please let us know if you figure it out.

• Posted

Yeah and they flicker but have no idea what it is. I have started to notice it more now the doctor said about it. It’s just annoying when you can’t do anything. 
    • Posted

Exactly. By the way do you have any other issues? Maybe it's caused by something else

• Posted

If I look at plain background I get flickering type light but it does go but notice it if I look at other things. 
  • Posted

Hi Amber,

I too thought of PVD which is the detachment of the sack behind your eye that holds the fluid.  It is most commonly  an aging disorder.  I experienced the exact same symptoms as you and PVD was my diagnosis, but I am 61 not sure your age.  

I think it might be good advice if it continues to go back and be checked again for peace of mine.

Good luck,

Linda

• Posted

I have flashes in my left eye and I get them with changes in light. My brain had adapted partially to them. I went to an opthalmologist and they did a flurosene angiogram and took pictures of my eye with the dye as contrast. They think I have occular Histoplasmosis. A spot on my eye caused by a fungus. I lived on a farm as a small child and it manifests itself during stressful times. I may have had it for years. Histoplasmosis can also attach to the lungs and other organs.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.