Eye floaters

Posted , 1 user is following.

my daughter who is myopic (-6 both eyes) is suffering from floaters since a month now.She had some two years ago but they did not bother her much.A month ago she noticed some more and we went for a eyecheck up.The optometrist said there is no retinal problem and nothing can be done about the floaters so she has to get used to it.I decided to take her to Moorfields Eye Hospital for a check up but the consultant also said she has to get used to it,

My daughter is just 18 years old and she has been feeling extreamly low due to this...in one month she has changed from a bright happy young person to an anxious , weepy one...I really want to help her but have not found any remedy...has anyone tried homeopathy or anything? My heart is breaking looking at her..

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Did something happen that could move the floaters? Some injury?

I had huge floaters after my cataract surgery and fortunately they fell down.

Some doctors use laser to break the floaters up, but it's not always possible and some doctors claim it's too risky so not everyone perform such procedure.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.