Eye Floaters, Ears popping, headaches, fatigue

Posted , 4 users are following.

Alrighty. 

Never posted on one of these things before. 

I’m 20, a female, 5’1 and 160 pounds. 

So I have very bad asthma. It’s not the issue here, but I’ve been on A LOT of prenizone the passed 8 years, I’m on dulera, spirvia, flonaise, and singulair. 

NOW.

The good stuff.

In 7th grade I got this floater in my eye. I walked around all day thinking there was a bug flying around, and then it never went away. Just this little black dot.

I got my eyes check and the eye doctor was like.

“Oh yeah! You have a floater.” And that was the end of it. A year after, I started getting bad headaches. I also was tired all the time. Flash forward to today..

3 months ago I got really sick with a cold. I woke up one morning with 4 more floaters, all really dark black spots that float around.

They’re all in my right eye.

I went on a plane ride 2 months ago 

And since then every time I swallow, yawn, chew, take a deep breath my ears pop. 

The pressure is mostly on the right side of my head, and it burns! I started having upper back pain a month ago, I’ve heard popping noises in my head (sounds like I’m cracking my knuckles, happens mostly when I lay down) and I’m honestly just done. 

Its a lot for a young kid to deal with, and now that I’m older it’s a lot worse.

They checked my thyroid and my sinuses, both were good.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Floaters are normal and if they happen when you are young they are usually syneresis and you can thank your mom and dad for them. When your older then at posterior viterious detachment which is a normal aging process as long as it doesn't take the retina with it. As long as you don't see flashes and loss of vision of with it it's harmless most the time. I've had a lot since I was 15 they will be worse when you look at bright objects or think about them. Your brain will either get use to them or they will dissolve.

Popping in the ears can be caused by the Eustachian tubes or ear tubes not draining right I get that a lot I live at a high altitude drives me nuts too. So o chew gum or yawn and pull down on my ear to make them pop and relieve the pressure. 

It's your thyroid and sinuses are good smile

• Posted

Floaters are normal unless they suddenly increase like they did for me. And my ears have been plugged up for 5 months now. Chewing up and yawning hasn’t worked lol. The floaters and the ears are symptoms of a bigger problem. My doctor confirmed this. The bump on my spine has now bruised up my upper back and continued to swell as well. Insurance just called to confirm my mri, and doc called to say he wanted to see me again. But thanks 
    • Posted

I’ve been dealing with the floaters for 7, 8 years. I know what floaters are and I know what they do. I also know when somethings wrong. I woke up with a small lump on my neck this morning too, and I’m sure it’ll grow to be as big as the one a few inches beneath it. A giant lump on your back that’s spreading, vomiting so much that you’re dehydrated, and fevers now too? Lol, it’ll be anxiety until it’s too late and s**t goes REALLY bad. People have a real big problem with just passing things off as normal. My doctors one in a million lol. 

But I’ll let you guys know what they find. Hopefully you don’t continue to tell people are their symptoms are normal when they could be in a potentially dangerous situation.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.