EYE FLOATERS.....Please help!

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi, it's been a while since I last posted about my GERD or my Acid Reflux last year and I'm so thankful that somehow I feel a bit better now. Occasionally it occur but it's not like as it was before. I was suffering from that one terribly.

My my worries right now are both my eyes. I have been suffering from floaters recently. In fact, I don't really know when exactly I had this. I am seeing strings, cab webs like, line of fabrics or sometimes it looks like a tadpole or kind of other organisms shape-like just floating in my eyes and this made me feel so frustrating. Most of the time I am on my computer writing or reading and these floaters are really getting on my way making me really sad, helpless and causes me anxiety and a bit depressed. It really get a hook on me emotionally. I hate to look in a bright or white background even on daylight or looking up to the sky because all the more they become very very visible and so annoying.

That is why I hate to look on the walls of our house they are all creamy white including the door. I even close the blinds of our windows most of the time because I became sensitive to light. My husband got annoyed of me sometimes because the house is a bit kind of dark when he gets home.

I had this checked up by an ophthalmologist already twice last year and the doctor says I had a dry eyes and a near sighted vision and prescribed me a correctional eyeglass and an artificial eye tear drops for my dry eyes. I experienced hazy or blurry vision, red eyes or red blood shot in the eyes and sometimes a mild to severe pain in both eyes. That is why I had the prescription above but I didn't get anything for my floaters. The doctor says nothing too serious and my eye problem is treatable. And as for my floaters, as usual, the doctor says that your brain will get used to it and that they will settle down in the bottom of my eyes in time--but for when? Only time can tell. I have tried some food supplements but don't know if I'm doing the right thing.

As time goes by, I noticed that I am getting more of them now. I'm seeing new floaters coming and I am afraid they might have gotten worse now. I have about 4 or 5 in my left eye and I only have 1 in my right eye the last time I visited the ophthalmologist but now, they are about 3 or 4 of them. I am so scared now. I don't want to go blind. This is so inconvenient. I am just only 33 years old.

Please reply to my discussion if anyone knows about anything from herbal, to supplements, exercise or lifestyle habit or any medicine that helps cure, reduce or prevent floaters from getting worse......PLEASE HELP ME...

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I'm 33 I get free floaters all the time. Have your reti a checked. I've got a hole in my left retina, so I'm prepared to get them. The floaters in themselves wk t make you go blind!

• Posted

Yes I have my retina checked up as well and the pressure of my eyes and ny vision. The doctor had a checked at the back of my eyes and says they were fine. A few months ago I can see some hazy or like a curtain shadows in my peripheral vision on the left corner of my eye that's why I had my eye checked up because it seems to me they're acting weird and I was hoping they can give me something for my floaters but didn't. Feel so hopeless with these floaters. 😢

• Posted

Floaters are incredibly annoying aren't they. They are often an indication of changes in the jelly in the back of your eye. I have weaknesses in the back of my eyes due to a genetic condition. This has caused the occasional floater from time to time as well as a hole in the retina in my left eye. Recently, I started getting a lot more floaters which were accompanied by flashing lights. This was diagnosed as a PVD, which is where the jelly at the back of the eye pulls away from the retina. Bits of it float about and this casts a shadow (the floaters). There's not really anything that can be done to get rid of them (unless you want a risky operation), but they do say that your brain will adjust and hardly notice them anymore over time. I'm still waiting for this and I suffer from anxiety so I think this makes it worse.

?I would just make sure that you get your eyes checked regulalry to ensure that there are no retinal tears etc. Tears can be repaired so as long as they are detected early they shouldn't lead to sight loss. I'm not really sure if there's anything that can prevent floaters from getting worse, but I think lifting heavy weights is said to be bad for your retinas so maybe avoid that. Eating healthily is always a good idea anyway. All the best x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.