eye gels for blepharitis

Posted , 5 users are following.

Can any fellow bleph sufferers help me out here, I have tried to get both Vita POS gel AND lacralube and in BOTH cases there has been a manufacturing issue with them and they are unavailable unless of course you pay £12 odd from Amazon and shipping fees on top, so is there any other brand of eye gel that may not have the same manufacturing issue that I have currently had with both these products?

It seems very coincidental and a bit suspicious that BOTH items have an issue but that is the situation according to both my local chemists I have been told, its just well frustrating, any ideas?

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

I found lacrilube irritated my eyes badly.

I use Hylo Forte on prescription as lubricating drops.

I also found L'Oreal miscella gel at about £4 works really well. 

• Posted

My Ophthalmologist told me he thought Lacrilube was 'old fashioned' now!  

I saw someone on Amazon advertising a tube for £20+ . No thank you!

• Posted

I've managed to get some blephagel for £10.40 which looks like a big tube so you get a lot for your money so I think I'll try that
    • Posted

I like the blethagel , doesn't sting if you get any in your eye ( which does happen when going for the gland openings .) I gave up on Lacralube as more than often the lube came out of the tube way to thick , and only one in five of my tubes DID n'T have this problem . ( storage and transportation problems I would imagine , by the manufacturer and the distributers most likely ). Also the lacralube actually stuck my lids to my eyeballs and made things worse . I use the blethagel , rinse of with hot water and then put in a couple of drops just before retiring to bed .
  • Posted

Can you let us know what the Blephagel is like please ??
    • Posted

hi , I've been using the blethagel on a cotton bud to clean the lashes and the gland openings . If you get some in your eye it doesn't sting . It won't kill bleth but works well as a cleanser and no doubt makes life unpleasant for the bacteria .
    • Posted

Hi thanks for the info I will get some as I am using the lid wipes blaphacleam and just the boiled water with baby shampoo with the cotton buds for the gland openings.....but I do keep getting a flare up lately.....just finished antibiotics last week as it was really bad and I can feel it starting again today....so so sick of it....
    • Posted

Hi , I've never noticed the blethacleam on the shelves . I'm sure that the most influencial thing I've done is to look to improving my own immunesystem as that is what should be fighting the infection . I have the milled flaxseed with the added bio cultures and get some of my omega 3s and magnesium from this source. I don't have bread anymore either . Evidently stomach content , as in health and bacteria balance , can lead to a less effective immune system and a yeast build up certainly doesn't help .
  • Posted

i am not familiar with both of these items you mentioned, i only use what my eye doctor tells me to use.
    • Posted

I agree Enid.  My Ophthalmologist prescribed VitA-POS because of the Vitamin A in it, which promotes healing of the cornea.  He also told me how to deal with Blepharitis, which I haven't had problems with for a long time.

There has been a manufacturing problem but it is now over & my local hospital can get it.  Community Pharmacies still appear to be having problems but I am not prepared to take my chances on Amazon or EBay.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.