Eye injury a year ago: progressive protruding of the other eye + sunking of the injured eye.

Posted , 1 user is following.

I got hit in an eye by a ball a year and a half ago. Right after the injury the injured eye was tearing up, hurting, felt raw, especially right after sleep, but otherwise things were managable. I was hoping that it would heal up on its own.

Then about 6 months after the injury I went to a swimming pool where during swimming the pressure of water hitting the injured eye gave me quite a discomfort/pain, made it difficult to stand swimming underwater - even with the water goggles on. After that swimming pool visit I started getting pain in non-injured eye and it slowly started protruding more and more compared to the injured eye.

At this point when I touch both the eyes with my hand, when they are closed, the injured eye is noticeably more sunken.

The eyeball movement of the injured eye feels very restricted, I can't turn it to side as well/as easily as the healthy eye. Now in the mornings I often feel pain in the healthy eye first. Then after I try to exercise the injured eye (turning it up/down/left/right) the pain in the healthy eye goes, but I the injured eye (but, rather, by the feeling of it, its muscles) get really painful. That exercising of the injured eye does make it unsunk itself somewhat, but the tension is there. It always feels somewhat sunken. I went to a doctor, but they disregarded my concerns and never even compared the eyes with their fingers.

Please if someone could give me advise, or anything I would so appreciate it. I just want things to go back to normal and I have no idea what to do!

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.