Eye issues

Posted , 6 users are following.

Has anyone on Prozac every had any vision issues. My eyes are not blurry but they don't feel right and I'm not seeing like I used to. Everything is a bit off. Will this pass? I increased dosage last week to 40 for anxiety. Please only positive feedback.

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi hope.

I also have increased dose to 40mg 2 Days ago and feeling low again and my anxiety is back up jw if you had the same problem when you increased..

I had the problem with fuzzy and sometimes double vision for a few days when I was 2 weeks in to the 20mg dose but passed

Isn't anxiety horrible sad

• Posted

Anxiety is horrible and no one that dosent have it understands at all. I used to have it when I was younger and went on Prozac then. I had zero side effects. I went off of it for a few years and then I had a major panic attack that threw me into constant anxiety. I'm in week five now and my vision issues are giving me more anxiety. Everyone says keep with it and it will pass. I sure hope it does.

• Posted

Hey y'all! I started 40mg yesterday from 30mg just because I felt I could use one more dosage. But YES I know EXACTLY how you feel vision wise. It's off , not blurry, but not right. I've noticed mine has decreased since upping to 40

• Posted

That's good to hear. Mine seemed to be getting better then it went off again. I'm only on day four of 40s so I pray this passes.

• Posted

How long have you been taking the 40s that you noticed your vision getting better?
    • Posted

It's been a few days. Can I ask if your eyes are better?

• Posted

I've been great all week (no vision problems) until today. Which I drank coffee? I'm thinking caffeine plays a part in this. Do you drink coffee?

• Posted

No I don't. I actually cut out all caffeine till I know I'm better.

• Posted

Ye I agree people that have never had it can't understand what us lot go through..

I was originally on paroxatine for 3 years and then they stopped working so I was changed to mirtazapine which gave me really bad chest pains and bad reaction and ended up in hospital .

After that I was changed to sertraline and propanalol but again I had bad reaction to these and was in hospital 3 days with breathing problems.

I had panic anxiety before this but those two episodes of been hospitalised has thrown me in to constant anxiety about my breathing and heart..

I started prozac 8 weeks ago on 20mg and 2 days ago was upped to 40mg. So I'm hoping this dose will sort me out and all side effects will subside.

I really hope so as I'm losing the power to carry on with this

• Posted

Did you have a problem with spacing out or staring while on Prozac?
  • Posted

Yes, I did. It's not mentioned much, and it was subtle but I noticed I just couldn't see sharp like I used to, could get the right distance from the computer and in the mornings it took a while to wake up.It did go away, so I think it was a prozac side effect for me, or maybe depression, I do t know, I just know it got better

• Posted

Thankyou for the hope of this going away. Today was very frustrating to me. I just pray that it does.
    • Posted

I know exactly where you are. It will get better. It's a gradual, frustrating thing, but it will go away.

• Posted

Hey Ron. Do you take yours in the morning or evening?
    • Posted

I tried today to take a 20 mg in the morning and I'll take the other 20 at night. It eased up a little so far but only tomorrow will tell if anxiety is higher bc I split the dose into two.

• Posted

Do you remember how long it took for you. Just an estimate.
    • Posted

Do you remember about how long the off vision lasted? It will be two weeks tomorrow since dose was upped to 40. Also did you have an issue with staring or spacing out.
    • Posted

I guess it was probably a couple months after i started taking the medicine.  Yes, it was just a feeling of being not present, which I guess resulted in just sitting there not focusedon anything.  It will get better

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.