Eye issues

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi, ladies!

Hoping that everyone is doing well tonight...dealing with our peri and meno fun and all the gifts it brings.

I wanted to ask if anyone else besides me has begun to experience extremely dry eyes? I've also had burst blood vessel in my eyes...once last year and I ran fast to ER. They smiled n checked me over then told me I have extremely dry eyes...I thought it was allergies.....and that they are common and more horrid looking than they are dangerous. Now I've recently suffered another. So annoying to walk around with a red eye and have folks ask about it. They look at you as if you're lying or crazy or dying! So I was wondering if dry eye or bleeds are happening to other women going through "the change"..?

Thank God for this forum...I feel so connected and not alone!

3 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Hi, yes you’re not alone with this one ! Loads of ladies including me have Dry Eyes.  Most chemists sell Drops which really help.  Also a gel eye mask that you heat up works well.  I got mine from Amazon x
    • Posted

A heated mask sounds wonderful! On to Amazon now! I found drops at pharmacy today so hoping for some relief tonight.
  • Posted

Hi Katy, I have suffered dry eyes and mouth for 10 years now. I have artificial tears and saliva pastilles. I get allsorts of visual disturbances, flashing, fuzzy, blurry and I've lost peripheral field of vision so had to stop driving! I can only watch tv for a short time before my eyes begin to stream like severe hay fever. I need 3 pairs of glasses, long distance, reading and computer/tv. So I think alot of us get these eye problems. Its not just sex hormones that go nuts but alot of the chemical messengers that rely on them to work normally. So basically anything can happen. XXX

• Posted

Dear Tina

I too get streaming eyes and blurred vision, what you describe too is that like migraine aura? I get the loss of vision and zig zags too

• Posted

Its very un-nerving when your vision suddenly goes like a sky signal in heavy rain! I've tried so many eye drops I ' ve lost count and losing part of my visual field so I had to give up my car that really got to me. I now have 3 pairs of glasses to wear, long distance, close up and computer/tv. My sight is getting progressively worse and nobody knows why. I hope it settles down and I wouldnt wish this on anyone. Keep your chin up I'm sure this is all conected and will settle itself when the hormones do. XXX

• Posted

I had dry skin on my eyelids & puffiness under my eyes. It’s stopped for now but my cycle has returned so I think it is just part of the process , I asked advice on this wonderful forum & was put at ease. You wouldn’t think it would affect your flipping eyes would you x

• Posted

It doesnt just affect the eyeball itself but your sight aswell! Vasaline is great to rub onto the lashes and eyelids and artificial tears for very dry eyes. Optrex acuvue for dry and screen eyes is also good. But sadly there is not much one can do about the visual changes you just have to adapt at each stage. What a joy this thing is!!! Lots of love xxx
    • Posted

Aww thanks for the love and Thanks so much for responding and for the advice!
    • Posted

Lol! No i would never have imagined my eyes being affected ! But I was beginnning to suspect it was connected! Thanks so much for your response Nicola!
  • Posted

Hi Katy, Im 2 yrs in meno now and noticed the whites of my eyes seem less white, more bloodshot and for a while i had the sensation of pin pricks in my eyes, which has stopped now. Worst meno symptoms have been palpitations/heart flutters and anxiety/panic attacks which meds have helped. Been a horrible transition!
    • Posted

Thanks for responding, Julie! Yes I would describe what I feel similarly..the sensations come n go but are truly annoying. But I guess I could have it a lot worse so I will just continue to treat each symptom as it appears...

I agree t hose palpitations n flutters are probably the scariest of theses meno "gifts" and the panic attacks suck...no sleep for the weary!

Hugs!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.