Eye loss issues!!!!

Posted , 6 users are following.

HEY...... I suffer from a condition called conversion disorder which causes me to have syptoms of blindness but returns after minutes. This has been happening constantly for the past 2 years. Before this ive had no problem with my sight. Im now worried this is causing some form of damage. I go blind anywhere from 70-150 times a day but will gain the sight back after a short time. In the past few weeks sadly ive noticed that my sight isnt very good and cant see as clearly at any time and my eyes are hurting more that normal..........

Any suggesttions....Anyone experienced the same.......  

0 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Gosh that must caus soo much stress, do you have to see a general practicioner for a referel,could you go to emergancy?? I would think that would be considered an emergancy,loss of vision.Xx
    • Posted

Hey, 

Yes its ever so scary and ive got other syptoms with to deal with as well. Which makes each day a fight. 

Well ive made an appointment with my GP but thats neary two weeks away and not sure if its classed as an emergancy or not and if a hosptal can help me. Im guessing after seeing the GP they will refer me on to someone who deals with this. Or in the eye hospital in london. But i know you need a letter from your GP to go there. 

So just waiting at the moment........................

Do you suffer with this?

• Posted

Hey, 

Oh ok i see. Is it related to your anxiety the cause of your blindness? 

Yes thank god but also for the variety of counselling out there. Once help is offered it is good so takes some time.

Ill keep you posted.

GEMMA

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.