Eye makeup

Posted , 5 users are following.

Can any one recommend any eye makeup for blepharitis sufferers. I only want It was occasional use, I have a wedding next week. I would not want to spend too much. I have had blepharitis for around 20 years and am now 70. I have really missed not being able to use eye make-up.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hello! I was diagnosed with blepharitis in February. I now wear eye make up four times a week, and it's comfortable, and doesn't seem to worsen any of the symptoms at all! I use Blinc mascara which is a godsend - it tubes the lashes, which means if you cry or rub your eyes it doesn't budge, but is removed easily with warm water and a cotton pad! Meaning no nasty eye make up remover near the eye! I also use disposable mascara wands too. I used to be a make up junkie, would spend hundreds on expensive eyeshadow palettes, but I can't use anything such as Urban Decay, ABH at all on my eyes now. I just use cheap Superdrug brands like Make up Revolution and I've had absolutely no issues at all since! I also clean my brushes after every application, and I have some spraying alcohol to clean the palette after use too. I also don't use liquid liner anymore as I found that to be an issue, so I just use water and black eyeshadow to create the same affect. smile.I still haven't managed to get my eyes well enough to wear my contacts again, but at least now i can wear eye make up without worrying! I hope all this helps you as much as it helped me.

• Posted

Thank you for your reply. Can I ask where you can buy blinc mascara? I think that with this condition it does not matter if you buy expensive or cheap makeup it is the hygiene which is important like using wands etc. So pleased that you are able to wear eye makeup again.
  • Posted

I too miss using eye makeup and am also 70 but have had this condition for pnly three years.  Everything I’ve read since says dont use it...it will cause a flare-up. Butsome say its safe to do if you have established a maintenance routine and use new, uncontaminated products. So buy new applicators tgat you will pnly use once (one for each eye) including disposable mascara wands. These usually come in bulk but maybe you can seek out a beauty shop that sells to cosmeticians where you can buy a smaller amount. OR JUST

Buy a new cheap eye shadow pallet and a drugstore mascara and use q-tips for the shadow (so you can keep it) and then use the mascara just once if you can’t manage to find disposable wands. Just for the occasion and then throw it out as it will  get contaminated. Even if you flare up after the wedding, it will have been worth it. 

I hope you are using tea tree oil drops in a dab of baby shampoo to maintain plus occassional use of WET ONES as outlined in some of these posts. Good luck

Agnes

• Posted

Thanks for your reply. I agree every thing you read says don't use eye makeup. I do have a cleaning routine hot compresses and cleaning with solution of bicarbonate of soda and cooled boiled water. I find this much kinder than baby shampoo which I previously used. I do have dry eyes,and use preservative free lubricant drops. My sensitive eyes have taken a battering over the last few years with glaucoma drops, laser treatment and cataract surgery. The cleaning routine keeps things stable and it only flairs up if I get a bit lax. I wear sunglasses outside a lot of the time. I am under the opthalmologist for glaucoma so my eyes are checked regularly. I should have said I tried the bag which goes in the microwave but could not get on with it. I have never tried wet ones.

With regard to make up I have already bought some disposable wands which I have used with run of the mill mascara but only a couple of times. I might just try a little eye shadow and mascara for the wedding. I must say that too much computer/phone etc probably does not help matters.

• Posted

hi agnes how many capsules did you take of the 3,000mg fish oil? 2x twice a day (4 tablets) or just once a day with two tablets?

thank you

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.