Eye pain

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi all.... I ve been on 10 mags for 8 days now and the side effects, stomach pain mainly,have worn off and I ve had times when I ve felt better already,a couple of times felt worse tho ( I m on it for anxiety )...I have 2 questions that I'd value options on please...what experience have you had with alcohol? .. And has anyone ever had eye pain?.. Don't know if it's related,had it a couple of days... Thanks in advance...hope you're having a peaceful night! Xx

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Yes I has severe eye pain with blood shot eyes ..the day after I felt like I had irritation in my eye ..very scary ..please keep in touch 
    • Posted

Did it pass?..really don't want to give up now!.. I just had pain behind eye,no irritation...think I ll give the alcohol a try :-)...think I d still need a drink to sit in a pub!!...X
  • Posted

Alcohol ..it varies .sometimes in the morning Im more depressed / irritable ..other times I'm ok 
  • Posted

Hi Helen, i suffer eye pain often, it is a sharp constant pain like a knife in my eye. I was diagnosed after a couple of years of seeing opticians and drs, by a hospital eye casualty department as suffering eye migraine. I have suffered this before i was on Citalopram so is not connected to my meds, and i don't drink often. I was told it's from lack of sleep, as i am insomniac this makes sense. Does this sound like how it is for you? 

Elizabeth.

• Posted

Hi Elizabeth... That's interesting!.. I ve had migraine on and off all my life..for the last ten years they start with seeing clear swirly things then I loose some vision then bad headache!.. So maybe this is migraine that hasn't affected my vision,I have had headache aswell. My is not a sharp pain more of a bad ache!!.. I m due an eye test next week!..x
  • Posted

Mention it when you go to opticians, thou it was them that told me to go eye casualty. Check your nearest eye casualty usually in a hospital, it's like a A and E but specifically for your eyes. It's sit and wait and you will be seen asap, no appointment just turn up. I had drops put in to numb the eyes while they have a look. My eyes are fine it's just the severe pain i have which means i cannot read, watch telly or use the computer. I don't suffer normal migraine with the headache. My pressure in my eyes was high too. Your eyes are delicate and important so get it checked. 

Elizabeth.

• Posted

No joke, I was at st George's for hours the other day in the eye dept!!.. With my mum,her optition sent her,she has a blood clot behind her eye!!...yes, I ll tell optition,if I m not happy I ll take myself back to eye a&e. Thanks for advice.. Hope you're well x
    • Posted

Let me know how you get on please. Good luck. I am quite well at the moment thanks.

Elizabeth.

• Posted

Let me know how you get on please. Good luck. I am quite well at the moment thanks.

Elizabeth.

• Posted

Elizabeth.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.