Eye pain

Posted , 8 users are following.

I have TN. Always have sharp pain. On gabapentin. My eye has started hurting and seems to get worse when using iPhone, computer or reading. Anyone else experience this or do I need to see eye doctor?

2 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Joanne,

I have found that I can't spend a lot of time using the computer or reading

a book like I used to. I get stabbing pain in my eyes and they go very

blurry and out of focus. I am on Carbamazepine/Tegratol and Amitriptyline

I tried Gebapentin but it made me suicidal within 48 hours. I'm sure it is all

part of TN, but it may be worth seeing an optician or asking your doctor

if you are worried.

• Posted

Thank you WaveDancer. I called Neurologist 3 weeks ago. He upped my gabapentin from 900 to 1200mg. I'm not sure the increase is working cause it is still bothering me. I may call my optomologist tomorrow if it continues. From what I'm hearing from others on forum sounds like this is another part of TN. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.