Eye pain/Eye fatigue????

Posted , 4 users are following.

I've had eye fatigue/pain in both eyes now for 2wks. It feels like my eyes need to go to sleep if that makes any sense. Like now, I've just woken from an 8hr sleep, mostly uninterrupted, yet my eyes are stinging and aching like I need to go to bed! Does anyone have any experience of this? I have an opticians appointment next Saturday but the thought of another week of this is driving me crazy sad

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Yes, I've been like this for years. It doesn't matter how much sleep I get I feel like I need so much more. I had my eyes tested this week and they are fine so I'm putting it down to the medication. 

• Posted

Hi Jo

Yep, I'm afraid it must be part and parcel of the whole Crohn's shinanigans !! My eyes vary from day to day but are mostly sore, very light sensitive and basically a bloomin nuisance. I'm pretty sure it's connected to low Ferritin levels because they always improve after an infusion!! Try some eye drops... Talk to a pharmacist.... Mention it to your GP.

Ever feel like it's just one continuous list of aches and pains and disappointments!!! Cos I do..... Wouldn't it be nice to have a week of just normal body!!??

Take care

Hannah

• Posted

Thanks hannah rolleyes I'm yet to receive a formal diagnosis as it is believed mine is in the small bowel and pretty elusive thus far on scope/barium swallow. I'm soooooooooo fed up I can't tell u!! I also have a red itchy patch on my leg. It looks like eczema but it's not. A GP said she thinks I've knocked it and it broke the blood vessels. It's bigger than a 50p piece and it goes down then I get like small eruptions around it that are bright red. It's quite bizzare! Anything else I need to b aware of with this god forsaken disease?! Lol
    • Posted

Mine is also small bowel and it took over five years to diagnose correctly. It's all a bit rubbish really and it's very individual. But what has made the biggest difference for me is diet, mental emotional well being and Surgery!!!..... And a diagnosis!!!

I feel for you..... Just really learn to take the best care of yourself whatever because it boils down to one thing....... You can only really rely on yourself...... And the occasional bit of support from loved ones.

H x

• Posted

Thanks Hannah. I've had a 20 yr diagnosis of ibs despite a couple of admissions to hospital and never ending problems. I got told it was IBD late last year but haven't seen the consultant since. I'm waiting to hear from the hospital. It's all really crap and ur right, nobody cares it would seem. Nobody gets it until they get it do they sad Thanks for the advice x
  • Posted

Jo and everyone,

Hugs! I'm so sorry for your suffering. sad

I never had eye issues, even with seasonal allergies until last year! I've had to just sit and rest with my eyes closed even if the rest of me wasn't feeling so much fatigue.  But, then my B12 deficiency was discovered and the injections (and now drops) really helped tremendously!!  

I did have an eye exam with no findings. Now, my spring allergies are acting up but my eye issues are minor. I hope it's really as simple for you!  Good luck!

• Posted

I was treated for B12 deficiency for years and years then developed a reaction go the neocytamin injections. I was head to toe in hives within 20 mins of the last 3 jabs I had. I tried the oral drops and my mouth swelled sad Obviously they stopped the treatment. I've taken a B complex for years now to try and keep my levels up and this had worked but I still get symptomatic of the deficiency. One GP told me that wasn't possible, another told me the symptoms never go away! Can't win rolleyes

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.