Eye Problems?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hey everyone, I'm new to this discussion board.

Lately I started having some weird eye problems, but also I do have an anxiety disorder so i'm wondering if that has something to do with it or not.

First off, I'm 21 years old, never had any problem with eyes. Lately, I've been having new anxiety problems as well, I've had it all my life pretty much.

Now I feel like I see a lot of floaters but it's when I'm looking at the computer all day or have my attacks, and also when I look outside the window then look at my screen, I see some flashes of lights as well. I know thats normal when you look at something bright, but I feel like it happens even when things aren't all that bright outside, or a light isn't all that bright.

1 like, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Listed side effects include:

Swelling of the eyelids, blurred vision, eye pain or swelling, or seeing halos around lights, Increased sensitivity of the eyes to light.

• Posted

Well that explains a lot. My doctor never told me about the vision changes and I haven't thought to look it up honestly since he never said anything about it. But thanks though for your help.
    • Posted

Doctors cannot warn you of every possible side effect and often/usually don't really know and express surprise at many side effects.

The information leaflet with your tablets should include any warnings.

You can Google 'RXlist' and input the name of any medication for fuller details.

• Posted

If you use the computer a lot, your eyes are likely to be dry and, apart from the drugs you're on, dry eyes can cause the problems you describe.

You can buy ocular lubricants otc

• Posted

Go get an eye check up. I have a condition called blephitus which is the same symptoms you describe. On eye drops 4 x daily, and ointment at night. White flashes at times. Yearly eye checks, do not dismiss what is going on, flashing lights need investigating as can also mean other eye conditions. I am no expert and can only go my my own experience. But eye test is necessary.

• Posted

I had assumed that you had had an eye examination because you mentioned a doctor but an Optometrist would be able to check your eyes and refer you to an Ophthalmologist [an eye doctor] if anything showed up that the optometrist was unsure of.

Janet mentions Blepharitis, which is another condition that causes the sort of symptoms you speak of.

If you wear eye make up, you might want to stop using it for a while because that would exacerbate the Blepharitis

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.