Eye problems?

Posted , 6 users are following.

Anyone have blurry vision in one eye? And floaters as well?

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

hey ashlie,

ive had this on and off for months now, even a couple times before i was officially diagnosed with mono (not sure if theyre related or not). however i do know that mono/ebv seems to effect people's neurological system so it's very possible that this is normal during the acute stage.

• Posted

Not sure if it's only in the acute stage, though. I'm 8 months in and I still experience blurry vision and floaters.

• Posted

fortunately it only has happened about once (sometimes twice) a month for the past 6 or so months. how frequently does the blurred vision happen for you?

• Posted

It has been happening the last couple days to me. Just at random times during the day.

• Posted

Sorry to hear that. Glad to know I am not alone though.

• Posted

Hi Ashlie,

I am 4 months in and still feel rough. Well I think I have mono. I had blood test and 2 drs have said mono and one said I didn't. I still have muscle aches. I also had a weird feeling in my hand that lasted for a few weeks. I never had sore throat either. I think we are all different. How were you diagnosed? I had positive IGG and EA IGG

• Posted

I am so sorry to hear that. The worst thing for me is the left leg pain. They did a mono test on me and it came back positive.

• Posted

i have eye floaters. They lasted for like 4 months. In the mornings when i would wake up i also had severe dry eyes too. I had to buy artificial tears and that helped.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.