Eye Problems

Posted , 4 users are following.

Over the last week I have had a small black dot showing in my right eye, this is intermitent and does not appear to have a pattern to when this appears.  It feels as if there is a tiny money spider in fronf of my eye

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

my husband had that and he had had a tear in his retinal.  He had to have sugery and keep his head down 24/7.  they said we caught it in time, i would get to an eye doctor as soon as possible .  
  • Posted

Usually it is a floater. I had one that looked somtimes like a leaf and other time like a map of Ireland. My dotor has one shaped like a telephone.
    • Posted

my husband has floaters also but with the black dots it was detached retinal i still say no matter what get to a doctor.  
    • Posted

I agree about getting a medical opinion. Mine were caused by a medication (amiodarone) that I was prescribed. I took it twice for a few months and each time had floaters.
    • Posted

wow ! listen i am on my 6th dr for all of my issues but it is better to be safe then sorry later.  They told my husband if he didn't get in as soon as he did it might have been worst.  
  • Posted

I agree with cheri and derek.  See an eye doc asap.  If it is the start of a macular hole the sooner it gets treated the better.  There are eye surgeons who do the op without you having to keep your head down 24/7 but it depends where you live.  I had it done by this new method but I had to go private.  It was worth it but I know it can be done on NHS.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.