eye problems

Posted , 4 users are following.

i am a 13 year old 

ok so recently have this issue where my eyes feel pressure and very stretchy. i think i have depersonalization disorder which i feel like i am dreaming and that i feel like im floating. my eyes feel like they are floating and unaware even though they are wide open. i dont have any vision problems, just this sleeping, stretchy, weird feeling in my eye. its been 2months since this first occurred. i have already went to a doctor to get this checked out but i didnt explain to her clearly which resulted her not knowing where to check. my eye pressure is normal, my eye ball is normal, just about everywhere in my eye, she says its normal. but she doesnt know why am feeling this. so i then resorted to searching my own answer online trying to find something that will relax me. all i found was a s**t ton of diseases and cancer which only made me even more scared. i am so f*****g desperate, even my parents dont give a s**t because the doctor said i was normal. do you guys know why am experiencing this? help. i am only a 13 year old. i cant take this amount of pressure and anxiety.  

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi James, whenever a young person talks about eye problems & mentions Dr Google, it suggests that the problem probably lies with too much screen time & not enough sleep.

You have discussed this with your parents, which is good & you have seen a doctor, also good.  Has anyone asked you what time you go to sleep?  Or, how much time you spend looking at a screen?

You could try using some eye drops for dry eyes, when we look at screens, computers, phones, televisions, driving, we tend not to blink as often, which means that our eyes become dry, then we have all sorts of other symptoms too.  You can buy drops for dry eyes from any Pharmacist & you don't need to buy expensive branded drops, generic ones are just as good.

Then put your phone away, or games console or whatever you use at night & go to sleep earlier!

Good luck James & don't worry.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.