Eye sight

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi all. Has anyone found that their eye sight has deteriorated since being in peri. Mine are noticeably worse.

Helen.

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Yes oh yes and its driving me mad! Some days its ok but today even with lenses in it feels like i dont have them in! Then the headsches start for me -Grrr!

Not sure how to improve it but a oid getting over tired i guess. PCs and phones dont help either xxxx

• Posted

Hi Louise

You are so right about PC's and phones. I'm sure my eyes have got worse since using my phone. Peri has so much to answer for!!

Helen

• Posted

Yes they are awful for our eyes anyway without peri symptoms on top. My eyes always improve when I have a holiday so it says alot anout how they negatively affect our eyes. Hope you get some relief soon. Take care Lou xxx
  • Posted

Yes Helen,

Mine did, needed glasses to read from about a year into peri, they gradually deteriorated for about 5 years then settled down.

I still need glasses but I can manage with the same prescription I had five years ago, whereas the first few years I was already needing stronger ones before my next eye test.

• Posted

Yes same here. My left eye is blurry and I had an exam just a few months before my peri symptoms started in earnest
  • Posted

Oh yes! Mine have always been somewhat bad. I've worn glasses since I was 2 years old. I have had corrective eye surgery when I was 11. But all that aside, since peri hit, it has definitely gotten worse. I wear bifocals and we're prescribed them recently and my prescription isn't even a year old yet and already I feel like I need another eye exam. I think it's been since peri hit.
  • Posted

Yep! Today has been bad! Went and had eye exam to make sure all was good! Dr stated prescription had changed slightly from a year ago, but definitely have dry eye syndrome, and gave me prescription eye drops! Always something!!
  • Posted

Oh yes as soon as peri struck needed reading glasses!! And had migraine auras and intolerance to bright lights, this comes and goes but still get these symptoms x
  • Posted

I've read that a symptom of peri is dry eyes. To find out,  put some lubricating eye drops in and see if it helps. My eye dr. told me this years ago. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.