Eye Test

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi mrsmop, I am starting a new thread as for some reason I can't reply on the other one.

Had my eye test. Got the all clear!! Minimal blurring. Test only took 15 mins with my eyes dilated. Walked round town afterwards, even into M & S to see the sale but couldn't see the prices so I came home.

But I'm ok and the whole thing (For once) was easier than expected.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Shirley, thank you!  I'm glad the eye test went well.  Really, it is the hanging around that takes the time.

Have your eyes cleared now?

• Posted

Hi again, Yes my eyes have virtually cleared now. I was expecting them to be much worse if I'm honest so to have something not as bad as I was expecting for once was a miracle. It was strange wearing sunglasses as I've never worn them before. But I can say they helped when I came out of the opticians. It seemed "Too bright" without them. Optician could not see anything wrong in my eyes. The only thing she could see was a floater! She thinks the flashes and floaters may settle down in time and basically these things can happen without reason. So relieved my retina isn't detached or anything!!
    • Posted

That's good news!

Sometimes when you see a floater, you can become obsessed with it and keep looking for it.

• Posted

Well done. Not as bad as you thought.
    • Posted

No not as bad as I thought. So that was good, as was the result. I am still quite nervous of my eye floaters etc getting worse! Optician said that they would probably settle down but if I am concerned about anything, to get straight back to her. Otherwise they will send me another appointment in a years time. I hope I don't feel the need to go before then.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.