EYEBALL MANEUVER STOPS SVT!!!

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi Guys,

I really wanted to share this with all you that have SVT. I recently went to the library and found a giant book about abnormal heart rates and then found the chapter with SVT. I read this huge section on how the back of the eyeball has a nerve that is connected with your heart pulse and the right maneuver can help stop SVT in 60 seconds!

The instructions are:

When you feel SVT occur, find a place to sit and close both your eyes. Take three fingers and press your right eyeball for 30 seconds straight. Listen to your heartbeat and if SVT stops, stop pressing your right eyeball immediately. If it doesn't stop, use your left hand and press your left eye ball for 30 seconds straight. Listen to heartbeat and stop pressing when SVT stops. Repeat this until SVT stops. This should work very effectively for converting out of SVT in public situations or at work/school.

I've never heard anyone mention this and no doctor has ever said anything about this technique but I've now tried this and it TOTALLY works for me! I convert out of svt in about 1 minute. I'm sure this will work for some of you and maybe not for others but I just wanted to share in case this helps someone with the same SVT as me!

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Edited

thanks for that information i am sure i will get the opportunity to use it

• Edited

Hahaha I tried it yesterday......nope it did not work.

Since the 1st of |March I have had 5 episodes. Not sure what is going on. Way more than usual for me.

I will try it again next time.

Mine can be 5 minutes or up to over 6 hours.

I just keep doing things until i can get it to stop

I just hate this!!!!!!

• Edited

Oh no! Sorry that this did not work for you. Maybe if you try lying down to do it or putting a bit more pressure on your eyeball it may work better? I think everyone has certain movements that work or don't work. I really hope you'll find a technique that stops your svt!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.