Eyelids puffy and wrinkled?

Posted , 5 users are following.

I was diagnosed with bleph almost ten years ago. I was told to do the baby shampoo routine. So, every morning and night, I washed without fail, and remarkably, this seemed to get things under control until a few months ago. My eyelids became swollen and red out of nowhere. I don't experience any crusting or itching. Just swelling and redness. This has been going on for about 3 months. Now, my eyelids are not only puffy, they're also wrinkled/creased at the same time. This is kind of mindboggling to me, as to how my skin can be swollen and stretched, yet horribly wrinkled as well. Never had any wrinkles before, mind you. 

I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced this? The wrinkling started about two weeks ago, and I'm slightly horrified it won't go away. Kind of strange looking, to say the least. I thought maybe the hot compresses were drying my lids for some reason. So, I started rubbing coconut oil on them. I've been using it for a week, with no improvement. Any advice would be appreciated.

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi Dragonsfire

The problems we get with our eyes, it is very distressing isn't it!  If your skin is dry (like mine) you might find hot compresses are drying out your eyelids.  

My eye surgeon suffers like I do, and he told me to just dip my middle finger into half a cup of warm water with a squirt of baby tearless shampoo in it, and rub very gently around each eye lid twice.  Then I use cotton pads to very gently wipe each eye with a very gentle eye makeup remover, then apply a small amount of eye cream, dabbing or patting very very gently over your eyelids.  This has solved all my problems in that department.  I would stay away from the coconut oil on your eyelids, it is too strong for them.

Hope this helps.  Let me know how you get on.

Love

Jacqui smile

• Posted

The strange thing is that I have super oily skin. Even my eyelids are usually a tad on the oily side. My eye doctor suggested I stop with the compresses on my last visit, too. I have the type of blepharitis with the clogged oil glands (can't remember the clinical name), so I have no idea how I'm supposed to manage that issue without the compresses. Pretty frustrating.

Thanks for your advice, Jacqui!

• Posted

Hi Dragonsfire

Hang on in there, through all the frustration, you will find a system that works.

Let me know how you get on.

Love

Jacqui smile

• Posted

Hi Dragonsfire 

have you tried wet ones for your eyes. Mine was the same as yours but now I have basically got my eyes back so to speak I just use the wet ones on the rims and it takes away the redness and the puffiness while it takes away the soreness I would suggest you look up the post of Lynda79. If you are allergic to lanolin don't use them. But look up as I say Lynda79's posts. I do hope you find something that works for you like I have.rolleyesplease keep me posted how you get on

• Posted

Hi Jeanette,

I browsed the forum for a good while about a month ago and immediately tried the Wet Ones after reading about everyone's success. Sadly, my eyelids had a bad reaction about three days in and got terribly chapped and started to peel. But I appreciate the advice!

• Posted

Hi Dragonsfire

I hope that you have found a  solution for your eyes and I can understand your eye doctor saying stop the compresses if you have oily eyes as this I would imagine make them worse because you are in fact opening them up  (oil glands) but I do hope you have already found something if not soon to ease themrolleyes  and  keep looking

• Posted

Oh, no, I mixed you up. I have the oppossite problem. My oil glands are blocked and don't produce oil. Still searching for a solution, thanks!
  • Posted

My wife got me into skin care about a year ago cause my skin was starting to just look aged. Thank God she dd. I started using her products and I continue to use them. My favorite is definitely the Somaluxe Moisturizer because I use it in the eye area, and I can honestly say I've noticed a substantial improvement in firmness and texture and a reduction in fine lines and even in the deeper creases that extend from the nose to the corners of the mouth.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.