EYES

Posted , 6 users are following.

i HAVE TREID FOR THE SECOND TIME TO TAKE THIS DRUG. HAVE EXPERIENCED THE HEADACHES AND THE SLEEPLESSNESS MORE FRIGHTENING IT HAS EFFECTED MY EYES MAKING SIGHT BLURRED ESPECIALLY IN THE LEFT EYE UPON AWAKENING TAKES HOURS TO CLEAR.hAVE STOPPED TAKING IT ONCE MORE.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi

I have spent the last six months having extensive eye tests for blurriness even with the correct lenses! Having just read your experience I'm off to the GP to get something changed...what did you get changed to for your high BP?

• Posted

:cry: sad

been taking amlop since feb 2010. eyes blurry all the time. do have diabetes though and take metformin. also take candesartan( for high bp) and citalopram for depression. right eye is the worst and constantly runs and is often gunked up.(dont know what other word to call it). find it hard to read sometimes. also when feeling tired my right eye goes smaller and wont stay open. anyone have that with their eyes?

• Posted

Janey the only way I could explain the bluriness in eyes is like a scum that you want to keep rubbing, does this sound familiar to you. I, like the majority of people on this site was upbeat until I went on this med now no energy and really can't be bothered any more. I went back to GP last week and now weaning off it, but to be honest they all seem much the same with side effects but will give this new one a try.
  • Posted

I've been reading your experiences about eye blurriness using this drug. My GP put me on 10mg @ beginning of June 2010 and by mid July until now, my left eye is constantly blurred and feels like there is something in it. its been itchy and feels blocked near the tear duct. Had various ointments & drops for allergy / infection from the doctor but nothing has helped. Optician has failed to find anything wrong with sight after 2 consultations. Now have to be checked for glaucoma. Have stopped taking tablets in the meantime and have another doctor app on Tues. How quickly can I expect this to ease off if it is due to the tablets?
  • Posted

I read this post with interest

Since Amlodopine my left eye has been blurry, I even went to the optometrist, now I am realising its yet another side effect of this horrible horrible drug or should I say toxic poison.  How long did it take for this side effect to go away, I have been off for 8 days now

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.