EYES

Posted , 4 users are following.

This discussion has been locked due to a period of inactivity. Start a new discussion

I went to the eye doctor yesterday... not good sad

there is something with alcohol that can really hurt your eye sight

I found out I could go blind at any time

the liver and eye sight have a very good or in my case bad connection So scared right now so I walked out of the doc's and bought a bottle of wine really? where does it end sad

0 likes, 8 replies

Report

8 Replies

  • Posted

    And what, pray tell, does the liver have anything to do with eye sight?

    Unless you are drinking methanol I wouldn't be worried about going blind from drinking.

    Did he tell you you have weakened arteries? You can have an aneurism I suppose in or near your eye, but that's pretty rare.

    What exactly did your Dr. tell you? Us boozers would like to know!

    Report
    • Posted

      was told the liver van effect the eyes nig time,,, I hope they are wrong if anyone van tell me differnt PLEASE do 
      Report
  • Posted

    Alcoholism can lead to diabetes which for sure you can go blind from.

    Did your Dr. even explain why or how the liver can affect the eyes?

    Listent to what your Dr. says. but try to ask questions, because coming here asking for help about medical matters is worse than not going to the Dr. at all.

    Report
  • Posted

    Sue, your eye sight is due to how much you drink...period. ME TOO.

    You won't go blind because you had a few too many. Like many other doctors, they will blame the addict first, It's not your faulf or your eyes - just the need.

    We just have to get over that need.

    Report
  • Posted

    Dont ignore what you have been told. Did they me tion angoes? Liver drtox is basically liquids..a combo juicing and drinking lots of water to help remove toxins and fat.i never drank but i have issues and i do go constantly for check ups. Its mind freezing scary so i get where you are coming from. Try and cut back on drinking they have tons of programs to help you. Follow up with your opthamologit every few months or as the dr. Requested.chech your b12 levels with you go too.
    Report
  • Posted

    Optic Neuritis. The risk of this is increased by exccessive alcohol use. However, I have never seen a case despite treating many hundreds of people with alcohol problems over more than 25 years.

    In your case, Sue, your optician or opthalmologist obviously sees that you have an issue and has warned you not to drink too much. That doesn't mean it was the alcohol that caused it.

    Go easy on the alcohol because it will damage your health in many ways, but a bottle of wine is not going to suddenly take your eyesight.

    Report

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion

Report as inappropriate

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up