Eyes

Posted , 6 users are following.

Good day ladies ,

I have a new issue right after my period am hav a sticking pain in one eye an my entire forehead feels like its straining an tired .

Can anyone assist or hav d same issue ? Times like this i feel like giving up..

Thank u😚

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hello Wendy dont give up....does it feel like it is your eye socket? If so I get that too but I never noticed that it was around my period time. Thinking back though thats when mine happens too! Im sure it is another peri symptom....because I never had this before peri. Hang in there we will get through this. Take care!
  • Posted

I did have and still do somedays. My whole eye hurts even after a good night sleep and no straining. But eye feels strained. It does go to my head a little bit. One eye does not hurt more than the other but it is almost never for both eyes to hurt at the same time. It is distressing. I asked my mom what it could be- she is an optician. She said tired eyes maybe but I know it is not that since I have it even in the morning. It hurts in the back. Not like dry eyes but more like muscle strain at the back ot the eyes. It comes and goes. I don't know what causes itsad hope u feel better soon

• Posted

Yes, I get this - I also get like shadows when watching TV (especialy the news with the crawl on the bottom) If watching TV I glance at the wall and still see the TV on he wall - drives me crazy.  Went to eye doctor/neurologist - he looked at me like I was crazy - said I had moderate dry eye and that I should put eye drops in my eyes every hour when using a computer.  I feel so much better knowing someone else has this.  I just figured it was part of my anxiety, which has now won!!  I am now a guest in my own anxiety...
    • Posted

Omg thanks its so frustrating wen these things happen ..
    • Posted

I also get dry eyes because my eyes itch sometimes. I have lots of floaters too. Hope it is all normal. I have not yet discovered anything about that eye pain. I will share if I do discover more. For me it does come and go. I still just hope it stops coming back.
  • Posted

Hi Wendy

I get that also around the time of my period..

It's been going on and off for the past 4 years I'm used to it nowsmile

Also I get bad dry eyes at times and the past few months I start suffering with dry mouth and throat and a nasal drip in the back of my throat and have the need to clear my throat constantly ! I notice that happens when I'm very anxious..

I feel giving up but everyone keeps saying will get betterbiggrin

• Posted

I had really bad dry throat to a point that my entire throat was raw.  I also was clearing my throat all the time and had bad post nasal drip. Went to ENT & Gastro doctor.  They both said it could be reflux and the nasal drip was the body trying to cool off the throat - I took Zantac for a couple of weeks and cleared it up.  Either that or they both thought I was nuts and just said to take Zantac to shut me up....  I was so bad and going to the ENT so often and crying to him that he told me that he wasn't my therapist.   Feel better....

• Posted

Thank you so much, that means so much!

I think I'm going to loose my mind!! I'm going to try it see if goes awaysmile so annoying and my husband can't take anymore listen to my noisesmile

I try hot tea, honey nothing helps!

Xoxoxo

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.