Eyes

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hi

Ever since I have started this wonderful journey I have had issues with my eyes. They have become drier . dark circles s . eyesight is getting worse and very puffy.

i am using vascotears which helps but i have noticed that what I eat effects my eyes also. For example if i had chips and a burger as its greasy food the next day my eyes will be darker and almost like slits but if I had salad then potentially not. There is only so much salad you can eat.

I know how silly this sounds but its true. i have been tested for allergies and apart from hay fever i have none! eye test show nothing also in fact i have gone to the opticians thinking my eye sight has gone worse and they cant see a change.

i get a bit low because of my eyes or maybe just olain mad!

any advice would be great fully appreciated.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

hi , i feel as we get older our eyesight changes . Ive had similar issues and went to the opticions last May as i felt changes .... apparantly not much change but the pressure was raised for glaucoma ... pressure of around 24 in each eye which is frightening ... anyway was refered to hospital and had all the checks possible ( scary ) but all fine , pressure was false reading due to thickened corneas . I asked about visuon changes through the day as mine is better first thing in the morning when rested but bad at night , blurry and cant focus , Doctor said that eye strain and tiredness can effect vision and to use eye drops to help reduce redness and strain , get checked again if your worried for reassurance but try not to worry .... all part of this horrid nightmare meno . Sometimes our never ending symptoms are very hard to deal with ... good luck and best wishes .

• Posted

hello, i have had problems with my eyes too. i was told it was dry eye syndrome, i use celluvisc eye drops as they dont have preservative in them which effects my eyes. i found stress makes me have blurred vision. before i started having the drops i couldn't read books and had to have audiobooks. i found eating sugar makes all my symptoms worse. i have given up with the dark circles, i have been told they might be connected to sinus problems too. i just smother my face with concealer which highlights my wrinkles.

• Posted

You are not alone, I have found that my 20/20 vision has now become new reading glasses. I cannot read anything without them. In two years 😦 .... my intolerance is high with so many things, I have gained 30 kilos, just looking at food.... and the list goes on. I am 46. so feel like my time is nearly up already.

• Posted

This all aging and I absolute hate it!!! My eyesight is going downhill.. blurry all the time which someone said could be due to tiredness BUT I'm trying to get good sleep and that's really difficult!!!!Yes to reading glasses all the time-- I just bought two more pairs. Undereye area is bad and again it prob due to sleep. I do take Spirulina which supposedly help with the eyes but IDK.. It's all greens. Good observation on the hamburger and salad. There are times that I need that hamburger and pop but I guess I'll pay the price the next day. I too get sick of salad but I guess I need to try harder..

• Posted

My eyes were perfect until menopause and then my vision went downhill and suddenly needed reading glasses, along with that I suffered dry watery eyes and blurry eyes and for the firat time started suffering migraine auras, it all happened after turning fifty!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.