Eyes and vision

Posted , 4 users are following.

Has anyone with Lyme had debilitating eye pain and visual disturbances that no one can diagnose? I won’t even go into all the visual problems I’ve probably posted them before. I’m just beyond desperate for help. This eye pain and visual problems never let up it keeps me from being able to do anything. I’m on iv rocephin just Praying from the bottom of my heart for a miracle for this eye pain and visual problems. I never dreamed a persons eyes could hurt so bad and I can’t find anyone who can help with any relief. Anyone who has had this problem or has ideas to help rid me of this I would appreciate it more than you could ever know. Thank you and God bless

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I can sympathise, had very similar for four years after testing positive for Lyme. The only course of action that worked for me: giving up all wheat/dairy/sugar/alcohol/red meat for a few years. Then adding in 'alka-clear' tablets and allicin (garlic) tablets. This advice probably be deleted so I hope you read it soon: you should also look for Natures Plus Ageloss First Day tablets from Revital or any other health food shop, or get them online. My eye pain is still occasionally present but much better after the above. Good luck.

• Posted

Did you have constant eye pain that was pretty much debilitating? And thank you for the advice. What about your visual disturbances? Mine are pretty much never ending if you don’t mind me asking. Might be the first person I’ve found that’s had the same as me hopefully with luck 
  • Posted

Hello, I'm in the throes of an infection now and recently had my medications changed which stopped my eye pain. You didn't say what type of pain you were having but mine was intense pressure accompanied by blurring/double vision. I was taking doxycycline (100mg X2) and am now on amoxicillin (875mg X2). I went back and looked at the fine print on the paperwork that I received from the pharmacy and it did say something about intra-cranial hypertension, which sounded a lot like I was experiencing. You should talk to your doc and ask if a med change will help.  So much they don't know (aren't saying) about this condition. Hope you feel well soon!

• Posted

My husband has problems with his eyes. They blur so badly that He can't see and has to go to bed and sleep for at least 6 hrs. He gets a headache but it's not a really bad headache.After he lost the vision in one eye from an optic nerve stroke, they said it was from dry eyes. They put him on Restasis drops and he got better.

It's now been a year since the last episode and two weeks ago they started again! So frustrating.

He did Rocephin ,Invance, and Gentimycin IV. The Rocephin helped a lot with Babesia and still waiting to see what IV did for him.

We were told to not go back to eye d doctor as there was nothing else they could do. They didn't want to talk about or consider Lyme . I wish you well.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.