Eyes jiggling

Posted , 9 users are following.

Has anyone else occaionally felt like your eyes were jiggling after you had surgery?

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Yes, I have.  I also felt like there was a sort of pressure on my eyes.  I discovered that lubricating eye drops helped with these symptoms, as they seem to be a result of dry eye, which is a potential side effect of cataract surgery.  They helped a lot and now 2 years later, I use them much less.  I also have an inability to focus immediately when going from a well lit environment to a dark one - it takes a few minutes. 
    • Posted

My focus isn't great first thing in the morning but I figured it might be because i'm only 4 days post-op.

• Posted

Everyone's eye (before or after cataract surgery) is slightly different in the morning than later in the day. This is because less oxygen gets to the cornea while one is sleeping, resulting in a slight change in cornea shape.

The natural eye has a built-in focus change ability. So, the eye can easily compensate for the slight difference in eye prescription in the morning. That is harder for the eye to do after the cataract surgery because a typical IOL focus capability does not adjust the same way.

• Posted

I know exactly what you mean,  jiggling is a great way to describe it.   cheesygrin

I had no problems at all with my first eye, but this second one (operated 3 months ago) is jiggling.  I've had an unstable tear film for several years before cataract ops hence dry eyes, which seem to be much worse since the ops.  I use Clinitas Gel which does help.

• Posted

If you could be a bit more specific, it would help. When was your surgery? Was it cataract removal? Both eyes? If so what lenses were implanted. Finally does jiggling perhaps mean double vision of a sort?
    • Posted

First surgery was end of April, 2nd was end of May for cataracts.  Monofocal IOLs, one for near, one for far, so monovision like my contacs had been. No double vision. It just feels like my eyes sort of jiggle quickly back and forth a few times every so often but it doesn't last long and I don't think my vision is affected.

• Posted

Yes for first 6-7 months mainly from florescent lighting in side vision.   Now post op about 10 months seems to not be a problem.  Is your refraction correct?  Post cataract surgery, I had glare and jiggle prior to my PRK.  Now that eyes have corrected refraction very little glare and not noticing the jiggle.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.