Eyes like sandhi

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi friends. Just need some support. I feel like s**t. Will it ever end? I feel like scooping my eye balls out with a spoon. I don’t feel sorry for myself as I know it could be much worse but I am having a hard time. How do you guys deal with this when you get flares? I’m pretty tough but having a really hard time. I’m able to cry as I write this; so I know there are as people worse off than me.....does anything help when we are in a flare?

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

The only thing that matters is your pain. Don't compare yourself and your pain to someone else's pain. That's just a losing proposition. You might find some relief in journaling about your day.

• Posted

Hi Chris:

The great thing about support groups is that when one person feels awful, somebody else is okay & able to empathize. Amkoffee's right: everybody's pain is their own and, unfortunately, each person has to get through it on their own -- whether it's 1,000 times worse or barely worse than a feather.

But sandy eyes are something more than just painful: they are dangerous. At the very least we risk corneal abrasions and need immediate treatment for that.

Are you treating your eyes?

• Posted

This is how I was, prior to SS diagnosis. Only then after trying all sorts of consultants to do with eyes, did things fall into place.  Using a p.c can aggravate. I now have my background on a permanent sepia setting. Some people have to lubricate their eyes several times a day. I use hyloforte gel, and celluvisc, depending on my mood, and what I am doing as the gel takes a few minutes to clear. I also use an eyebag if nothing seems to be helping. In my car and also in my handbag I have a pair of over glasses which are very reasonable to buy online and pop over any existing prescription spectacles. I defo have MGD (melbonium gland dysfunction). Hope some of this may help.
  • Posted

Chris ask your ophthalmologist about punctal plugs...very simple ,painless procedure and effective . They last about 18 months and if you don't like them they can be removed by the ophthalmologist.  

• Posted

I thank you all so much for your responses. I need to go to the eye doctor, but I haven’t felt well enough to do so yet. Sounds dumb but I’m to sick to get to a doctor. Wish house calls still exhausted. Thanks to you all again. I’m just new to ss and connective tissue disease. I just can’t believe how much it sucks.😀

• Posted

Hey Chris are u Chris from sjogrensworld who got into remission using "colagen" protocol?

• Posted

No. Not me. I guess remission is the wrong word. More like symptoms shifted. Currently I have no joint pain at all except for cramps in the hands, but now I have horrible eye pain, what I call gack in my throat/ sternum which make me feel pretty nauseous. There was a month or 2 tho where I was pretty symptom free. So like many of us, I try to stay positive. But as we all know, it is very hard to do somedays. :-)
  • Posted

I’m having a similar problem with my eyes at the moment. Before my diagnosis l had the most painful experience with dry eyes and had to be referred to ophthalmology. They prescribed a course of steroids and two lots of eye drops and ointment, it took a good three weeks to help. I have to treat my eyes everyday, but unfortunately it’s flared up again over the last few weeks. I think it’s related to the change in the weather and having to work with computers throughout my working day. My consultant also said laying hot flannels over your eyes can stimulate the tear ducts. I hope you find some relief soon.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.