Eyes reddish ness for 5 years old

Posted , 2 users are following.

My son is 5 years old and past 1 year he is having eye reddishness intermittently. Suddenly he feels like pricking and he starts rubbing his eyes which again results in reddishness. We have been consulting few ophthalmologists, after checking they said it is kind of allergy similar to cold , skin allergy etc which will be there on & off till 15 years old. And they prescribed FML drops, winolap, talimus gel and softdrops and still we are following softdrops and cyclomune. Its been since a year and still my kid is rubbing his eyes often since its pricking and still reddishness persists. i am so depressed abo that, any suggestions would be highly appreciated

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Well, you are being given all the right medication for allergies.

Is there any white discharge in the eyes or just red inflammation?

If this is an allergy you could try to find what is causing the problem. If you are in UK, which I dont think you are, it may be the usual seasonal allergy to seeding grasses. It could also be pollen from flowers. Do you have any indoor plants? or plants very near the house ? Do you have any pets? What do you wash his face with? which shampoo? could it be from washing detergent...maybe from his pillow?

Has he recently started school? could it be something there? Do they use chalk?

Can you pinpoint the actual time this started? what was introduced at that time? Its very distressing when a child suffers like this, but you must remain positive and do your own observations as to what is the trigger.

• Edited

hello Marina,

Thanks for your reply and kind words : )

Here is my reply for your questions and also i have attached some photos.

He is going to school past 2 years and there is no chalk used. He doesn't have any white discharge, its just the eye reddishness with some pricking. We dont have such plants inside and out too. It is the normal rose plants.we dont grow pets too. We use tedibar soap for face wash. But doctor checked his eye power and they suggested to wear power glasses but we didnt start with the power classes yet. imageimage

• Posted

Thanks much for your positive notes and quick response. He is going to school past 2 years and there is no chalk used. He doesn't have any white discharge, its just the eye reddishness with some pricking. We dont have such plants inside and out too. It is the normal rose plants.we dont grow pets too. We use tedibar soap for face wash. But doctor checked his eye power and they suggested to wear power glasses but we didnt start with the power classes yet.

• Edited

The glasses may actually help him.

May I suggest you stop using the Tedibar soap and just use warm water to wash his face. A young skin doesnt need too much washing, and Tedibar has been known to irritate the eyes. You can still use it as a bodywash, but keep it away from his face. See if that helps.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.