Eyes won't work together

Posted , 2 users are following.

This is a problem I've had for many years but it used to only happen occasionally - I assumed it was due to fatigue and didn't stress about it. But now it's happening a lot and affecting the quality of my life. For part of the day my vision is fine (I either wear multi-focal contacts, or cheater readers. But then later in the day (especially when I'm outside) I will feel like one eye is doing all the work, like the other has become lazy, and like they won't focus together. One eye at a time they're fine, but both open the discrepancy actually makes me dizzy.

I went to the doctor about it and he ran extensive tests, and what he told me was that since the astigmatism and prescription in my left eye was different than my right, I need to wear corrective lenses of some sort ALL DAY AND NIGHT. He said no more wearing cheater reading glasses - only prescription glasses or contacts. I don't really need correction for distance but he says if I don't wear the glasses all day this will continue to happen.

Anyone else experience this? I catch myself often looking at things with one eye so that I don't experience this. That's not a good solution.

Sue

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

hello

I don't know whether mine is the same but sometimes I get a funny feeling in my left eye but I can't describe the feeling. it's when I am looking and then turn another way. It's has happened a few times now and I'm really worried thinking I have a brain tumour or something. on one of the occasions I also had double vision. I have never been told I have astigmatism so not sure if I do or not.

thanks

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.