Eyesight

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hello ladies, do any of you feel like your eyesight has deteriated since meno, im sure mine has as distance vision has definatley got worse lately, must get eyes tested again. Anyone else ? X

1 like, 18 replies

18 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hey I'm feeling this too, I'm only 36 and have been told I'm in my menopause, i suffer with dry eyes and get a lot of floaters and flashes too I'm not sure if this is a meno symptom but I've been puttin it down to that xx are you taking any type of HRT? X
    • Posted

Hi lou-lou, it's awful isn't it , no im not on HRT and ive had everything taken away now - womb, ovaries, cervix the lot and it's crap quite frankly ! X
    • Posted

sad oh no poor you xx 😞😞 I've not had anything taken away my body has apparently just decided this is my time, I have HRT I just haven't started taking them yet 😞 Are you having any other eye problems or just the vision? X
    • Posted

No other eye problems really just the vision - I have to keep them checked as my mum has glaucoma and my nan had it too, can't have HRT as get terrible migraines, sad for you suffering so much too - women really do get a rough deal with all this x
    • Posted

I also get terrible migraines also I keep reading that people with migraines shouldn't take HRT so I'm confused as to why I have been told to take it, I think I will check again with the doc before I start it! As if childbirth and periods were not enough we have this too lol X
    • Posted

Yes definatly double check that out as my doctor said a big fat NO to HRT because of the migraines but didn't explain in detail why not or I was not really listening as shocked that we are just supposed to accept all this pain with no help. You're right we get a rough deal allright , for some of us it's agony all the way through. It can be confusing as one doctor says one thing and another something else there is a lot of confusion out there which does not help us with all our terrible debilitating symptoms to deL with on a daily basis. I'm so sorry you suffer migraines aswell, do you take Triptans ? X
  • Posted

Lou,

Absolutely. Not only the vision has changed for me during menopause, but also very dry (thin skin on lids and also under eye) as they seem irritated at times. Always wanting to rub them.

This no fun at all!

I'm in all different directions.

Lord help me and all these sweet ladies on this site!

Maggie xo

• Posted

Hi Maggie, me too im always wanting to rub my eyes they irratate a lot. Yes the skin has changed too it's horrible , yes it's all too much at times one thing after the other x
  • Posted

Yes definitely. I have always worn glasses since I was 2 years old. I had corrective surgery to my left eye when I was 11years old. I had a stray left eye so they had to tighten the muscle. My right has always been strong. But since peri it has gotten weaker and my left eye, forget about it! It's worse now than it has ever been. If it wasn't for prescription glasses I wouldn't be able to see clearly at all out of the left eye. I'm farsighted in my right eye and nearsighted in my left. A weird combo!
    • Posted

gosh that's hard for you along with everything else, seems like this is a problem for lots of us - it's all so hard x
  • Posted

I am short sighted and have worn glasses for most of my life. My perscription for distance has actually got better over the last few years. But When I hit 40 I started to need glasses for reading. It has got so bad that, for any detailed artwork I do I have three pairs of glasses, each stronger than the last. I look a bit like thiseek
    • Posted

Oh poor you - my eyes feel like pickled onions, look like them too - shrivelled and ugly 👀
    • Posted

The same for me. I have worn glasses since I was 2. Then when I turned 41 I got my first pair of bifocals. It has been a struggle adjusting to them too! 🙄

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.