eyesight is blurry

Posted , 5 users are following.

Does anyone else get this where eye sight feels blurred/shaky hard to explain. When I walk im all over the place... :-(

2 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Thanks for replying, Yes im on sertraline for gad and panick disorder. I have gone up to 100mg 4 days ago, also have really bad headaches
  • Posted

ohkay that maybe the case the doctor prescribed to me and i still dont take it as i had bad reaction to lexaproo you will get better dont worry relax and dont think neagtive did you had any side effect when you started though 

cos im kinda curious want to know

• Posted

Its took me since August to get up to 100mg I started on 25mg and just got hot sweats and dry mouth but I think that was alot to do with panick. Im gonna give it a few more weeks. I have docs on weds so will see ehat she thinks. Have u been prescribed sertraline too?
    • Posted

yes they did but im scared to death to take it i dont want to get worse

doc said to start with 25 mg as im too weak and slim idk its gunna make more sick im scared beside sweating dry mouth did u had any other side effet or no 

?

• Posted

Im the same, I hardly eat due to no appetite. But I started on 25 and was fine then went up to 50 as Dr told me 25 is not actually a treatment dose. After few months on 50 anxiety came back so I upped to 75 and now a 100. I looked at it like this.... I feel awful, cant go out, have panick attacks regular, constantly drained so even if tabs dont work they cant make me feel any worse. I am 5ft4 and 8st. So I would say try and give it a go as 25 is a really small dose. X
  • Posted

Hi Kirsty, I found that for the first few weeks after I started taking sertraline I had trouble focusing my eyes if I looked from (for example) the laptop to the TV.  I couldn't really concentrate either, but then after a few weeks it settled down.  I mentioned it to my GP and she did confirm it is one of the side effects that you might get.  It was very unpleasant, coupled with a feeling of being a bit spaced out/shaky.  However it did go after about 3 weeks or so, and hasn't returned (I'm not around month 4).  I was only on 25mg, increased to 50mg where I have stayed.  Not sure how long you have been on it/the dose you are on, but stick with it.  If you are worried about it or feel it is really extreme blurring/wobbling, then I would recommend going back to the GP tomorrow to check it out.  Good luck x

• Posted

*now* around month 4!

• Posted

I have been like this for 3 months now makes my anxiety much worse very scared just started on a new ad hope it works soon but good luck x
  • Posted

i just want to ask people whos suffering from anxiety and depression

idk if this is anxiety or something else 

i get this stupid thoughts in my mind idk its hard to explain i forget very quick 

but does any one get weird thoughts thats not normal im just freaking out >

• Posted

I have beem on 100mg for 4 days now, I also get sweats and cold chills, I also have no appetite and find myself havin to remind myself to eat just a small meal. I tried taking the 50mg at night but I woke up feeling very unsteady and its hard with 2 toddlers. I feel that the sertraline has helped alot I have now got a job and manage to get on buses etc without too much anxiety, its just these side effects that worry me, then qgain I have always been a worrier, just I never actually panick on q certain thing it just happens randomly and this is what is scary. I feel as though I have something the docs have not picked up on or something, silly I know x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.