Ezomprazole not getting rid of this acid! Next steps...advice please x

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi - I have been suffering from acid reflux since the beginning of December 2017. I was initially put on Lanzoprozole which didnt work and then put on Ezomprazole. I had an endoscopy which revealed mild gastritis and my doctor has told me to continue on these meds in the hope it will go away. I have less than two weeks now until my appointment and i am still suffering from acid every day. I have done everything in the book to help myself including bland diet, no alco

hol etc etc. Supplements, aloe vera etc. Now I am worried sick that there is something else going on. why arent the ppis working? he said if this doesnt go he will send me for further tests but i dont yet know what these will be. I am scared that the acid will eventually damage me beyond repair. Its making my life a complete misery. can anyone advise? x

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hi.

How much esomeprazole are u on?

Are u bloated, burp and have lots wind?

Do u feel acid burning in chest or just pains?

Other tests could be CT, PH and Manometry, Barium Xray, blood tests .....

• Posted

I’m in the same situation as you. Problems started in September 2017. I’ve tried different PPI’s with no improvement.  Zantac helps a little but I have heartburn and pain on my left rib area at least half the day.  I’ve changed my diet extensively and removed anything that might be a trigger. The Endoscopy shows mild gastritis with a 1cm hiatal hernia.  The doctor said that it can take several months for gastritis to heal so I’m just waiting at this point.  Do let us know what you find out and if you get resolution.  I have confidence this can be resolved even for those of us with more difficult cases.  
  • Posted

Were you able to heal your Gastritis and esophagitis. Can you please let me know what worked for you and how long did it take, I've been struggling for the past two months, it's horrible.

Thank you

• Posted

Hi. I had acid reflux for 5 years. Common treatment do not solve my problem. Ultimately, doctors tell me the root of your problem is nervous. I came to the psychiatrist and after treating different medications, I finally got treated with "Nortriptyline".

• Posted

that is very interesting that the nortriphyline medicine worked, what were your symptoms? did you have stomach burning and heartburn that the ppis did not help?

• Posted

Ppi reduced the symptoms of the disease, but did not resolve the root problem.

My symptoms were severe reflux and heartburn.

• Posted

sorry to hear that you have been so unwell. I am struggling at the moment. I just wanted to say I hope you are better soon.

K

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.