f2f appointment

Posted , 5 users are following.

hi it me well its almost there the f2f appointment tomorrow , Ive tried to keep myself busy so not to think on it , I did let my son know this time and hes not a happy bunny so to speak ive explained to him not to worry but and id do all the speaking with being his appointee , but I must admit I will be glad when its all over ,  im treating it like any other hospital appointment as it at the back of a hospital as they that they are trained medical staff unsure if that's true but hey ho I can only just belive them

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

Goodluck and remember to answer all those questions with as much detail as possible. They may well ask your sone some questions at the end, which he will have to answer himself. If it's mental health he's claiming for then it will be questions along the lines of adding and spelling a word, also spelling the same word backwards.

At the end of the week you'll be able to ring DWP and ask for a copy of the assessment report to be sent to you. This will give you some idea what the decision will be as they mostly go with that report. It's also handy to have this if a decision doesn't go in his favour.

There's no timescales to decisions, it all depends on backlog in your area but can be anything from 2-8 weeks.

• Posted

Good luck for tomorrow hope it goes well try not to stress about it I’ve been there myself I don’t have a lot of experience but the lovely  Denise I’m sure would help you with any questions xx 
  • Posted

Good luck for tomorrow I know it’s easy to say but try not to worry to much but we all know how stressful it can be as Denise has said ask for a copy of the hp report as this is a good guide to your decision once again best of luck
  • Posted

thank you for all your kind words all of you , well I took my son for f2f  appointment earlier today ,  hopefully everything will go okay fingers crossed
    • Posted

The end of the week will be the best time to ring for a copy of that report. They won't send you a copy until they receive both paper copy and digital copy back at DWP. The digital copy should arrive first, and the paper copy a few days later, then they have to log it onto the computer that it's been received. This can take a day or 2 after it's received.

It's stressful yes, but hopefully you won't have to wait too long.

• Posted

Hi

Best of luck don’t forget leave a couple of days and then phone DWP and ask for a copy of the report as this will give you a good guide as to the decision

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.