F2f next week

Posted , 7 users are following.

Am a veteran British army 9 years have a serious case of ptsd was blowing up with ied in Iraq been to 2 wars only 29 years old just had serious spine op and getting one more spine op in 10 months i have serious nerve problems in my left hand side I need to use aids to walk etc my mental health also put down with all meds that are getting taking and documented letters from top surgeons in Scotland statin my case and time needed to heal etc etc whasbmy chance of pip asked for esa 7 weeks ago still making my life hell with it no payment for 4 month from when I downed tools due to back and legs givin in nerves are done and been told this will effect me the rest of my life walk with limb due to back and leg op next op 10 months time till that op is ready I go hospital twice a week for physiology and the NHS pick me up form home 

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

• Posted

Hi Bruce,

I'm sorry to hear of all this! It's unclear though what exactly your question is about. Your question is f2f next week but is it for PIP or ESA and what exactly do you want to know please? As it's unclear in your post whether you claim ESA, PIP, DLA.

• Posted

It's for pip esa I wasn't sure you had to attend a Med for that I have been a new form esa3 to fill in 18th April I asked for esa and pip same day 

• Posted

Ah i see. Most people are asked to attend a f2f assessment. It's rare not too but it has been known. Even though this sounds ridiculous but you will need evidence to support both of those claims. PIP is about how your condition affects you daily and ESA is about working so totally different benefits. With an ESA assessment you're assessed on the work you can do and not on the work you can't do.

Both assessments are fairly similar but they have different criteria. With ESA as you only claim this in April of this year and the new rules that came out in April for all new clamaints, if you're put into the WRAG then you're money will be the same as JSA. If you're claim Contribution Based ESA then you'll be limited to this for one year (unless you're entitled to Income Related ESA) if you're put into the Support Group then Contirbution Based ESA will be paid for as long as you're in this group.

At the assessments you'll be watched from the minute you arrive and questions for both will be based on what you wrote on the forms. Give as much detail as possible and don't just answer yes and no. If you can't do something tell them, stating the reasons why you can't do it. Some peoples conditions will be obvious but then there's others who conditions are invisible so you basically have to speel it out to them, as they're trying to paint a picture of you and your life. Hope this helps. Good luck with both assessments!

• Posted

Appreciated thank you well as I said my support working has done everything on my behalf so all paper work was done by them in my home and they have got paper work from surgeons and doctors and from my mental health side i.e. Service records and  from my CPN am in the middle of fighting for my comp claim with the British army been over a year but it's looking good finger crossed kind of hoping for a letter today from the army with a big fat payout attached to it 

• Posted

Happy you hear you're getting the support you deserve!! Good luck with those assessments. Please do let us know the outcome!

• Posted

Just so you know, any means tested benefits you claim will be affected by any compensation claim you recieve.
    • Posted

So pleased you are getting some support, and wish you all the luck..  PIP is a long hard process that causes more stress and anxiety.

I am married to an injured Veteran too, so know how hard it is for ex-service men to ask for help.  We are in the process of Tribunals with the Veterans agency and PIP due to the deterioration of my hubby's health.  He received similar injuries to yourself in similar circumstances, although not as severe at the time, he is now struggling with constant pain.  He was Medically Discharged 26 years ago.

Good luck, Bruce. Accept all the help you can, you have served your Queen and Country and should be properly looked after.

• Posted

Hi Bruce, just wanted to make sure you're aware of the financial help you can get from SSAFA, if you need a specific item or are struggling to pay bills etc. 

• Posted

Hey there teacher40 yes saffa are amazing they are the people that have done all my paper work for pip with all the documents they need and my saffa support working will be coming with me to my f2f on the 11th next Monday 1:30pm I have a serious spine and nerve problems witch there for I need to use sticks as aid takes a hour most mornings for me to get out bed due to left hand side of body being locked up with spazums and the pain I take 5mg of morphine to get my leg moving each morning and to relax the pain I also take diazepam 10mg with pre gab 150mg and dyhyacodine 30mg also have really strong sleeping pills I take one each night they help a little bit I wake up each night in pain or with mental health issues 
  • Posted

Hi Bruce,

First of all, thank you so very much for putting yourself at such risk so that I and many others feel and are safer.

On the other hand don't expect any extra help from dwp , despite your list of injuries physical and mental. What has happened to you is immaterial to the dwp.

Best wishes for your f2f but be aware that you could be in for another battle this time of words before you get what is yours.

Mike.

• Posted

Being in for a battle with DWP to get what a person deserves isn't always the case. There's 1000's of people out there that already claim PIP and 1000's that have been in the Support Group for many years. The problem is we just don't hear about the good stories. Evidence is the vital part to any claim like this.

• Posted

Thank you, Bruce for your service to our country, it is diabolical that you should have to go through all this.  I have nothing to contribute other than to say "Thank you".

Cutanea (Mary)

• Posted

I will second Denise's comment, I applied and was granted high rate on both, did I deserve it yes and I'm sure Bruce will have no problems getting his very much deserved benefits, not everyone has a bad experience when claiming, its not that high a majority who get refused, remember that the % who come on here is very small compared to how many do not have a problem, have you also noticed that the majority of people who come on to ask for advice before results often aren't seen again after there successful awards.

Good luck Bruce I hope your next surgery helps to alleviate some if not all of your suffering

• Posted

Did you guys see my new post 
    • Posted

New post? There's not been a new post from anyone for a while.

• Posted

Having just seen you post on another thread, i replied.....
    • Posted

I can’t find that other post ether did you see it Denise can you point me to it please. I will reply 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.